Thread: Regional Footy 2013

Regional Footy 2013

Just thought I'd start this up as it seems that the threads are mostly about Sydney and surrounds.

Batemans Bay's move to AFL Canberra has been a disaster so far with heavy losses in the first two rounds. It's a shame with Sapphire Coast finally having Bega back and Eden fielding a firsts team again.

Parkes and Young are out of Central West (well I assume as I don't follow the twos there) and I noticed that Cobar forfeited this past weekend.

The only positive at the moment is Singleton's return to the ones in Black Diamond.

Even though they are affiliated with AFL SEQ now, I'll also mention the wash out up north with only one game out of the three being played (Ballina pipped Robina by 2 points). Tweed Coast, Byron Bay and Lismore all stayed off the field.

Almost Football Legend
    A new name on RWO. Welcome aboard. Looks like you're on the ball with what's going on out in the bush.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Nice, keep it up. We only post on Sydney footy because no-one from anywhere else knows about this.

Thanks guys.

This past weekend there were worrying signs north of the Barassi Line with four forfeits including two in the one comp.

Muswellbrook and Tamworth Kangaroos didn't play handing the points to New England and Inverell respectively in the Tamworth AFL.

Coffs Harbour didn't travel to Port Macquarie and has admitted to a potential long term problem according to a story on the North Coast AFL website - and Bermagui didn't play against Tathra either.

Tough times outside the Riverina and Canberra. And Sydney.

Almost Football Legend
    A real worry for the Tamworth AFL. I don't know that league at all, but a look on their website shows they've only got 6 teams - so two forfeits meant that only one game got played.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Central West footy in a fair bit of trouble. Parkes and Mudgee temporarily withdrawn from the competition in all grades. Young only a ressies not firsts team and it is comprised mainly of U18s playing a second game. There 2 junior sides have forfeited once. Dubbo has forfeited ones twice and U18s once.
    U15s comp was cancelled due to lack of numbers and 11s and 13 scaping by with about 5 teams of 12 players.

Not sure what the solution is going to be as Auskick reasonably strong and school programs are really strong but not translating to the weekend. It has never been super strong league but had enough numbers to keep going. Push from AFLNSWACT to Sunday footy for juniors must be questioned

Just had a look at scores. After a few years of being right at the top Cowra getting smashed in ones and U18s with huge numbers playing ressies and then backing up. Dubbo look poor so first grade really only has Bathurst and Orange but Bathurst beat Orange convincingly.

Where to from here folks?

Rubbish. The Swans won the comp, so that instantly means footy is healthy in NSW.

Oops how could I forget. Combined with the many thousands of kids playing Auskick during school but not on the weekend the stats tell all. PK you are spot on with the assessment.