Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 4 Vs Geelong

Veterans List
    Bird straight back in next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Sam Reid is very disappointing. Are we overrating him?
    No we are not. He's only young. Cut him some slack

This really is a bit of a model of how to beat us. Move the ball forwards all the time and fast and without shaw and Johnson we have a lack of leg speed

I am very optimistic about this year, unlike last year....I think our midfield is brilliant and will just keep improving. We also have some good younger talent emerging. However, unlike Geelong, Hawthorn, Collingwood and Richmond, we simply don't have a good forward marking option. Our midfield scores most of the goals and they can't do it continuously...

What is up with Kennedy ? I can't remember him having such a low impact on a game..

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    No we are not. He's only young. Cut him some slack
    He drops so many sitters and is not finding any space and is not leading. Maybe he is a backman like his brother.

Rnd 4 Vs Geelong

Outplayed by a better team on the night, but no need for panic stations: still a long way from the business end of the season.

Struggled with our current fitness levels to go with the Cats on the spread... Now we know the minimum levels we need to reach!

LRT might be a monumental loss though.
    Bring Back Jamie Lawson.

Jpk has been quiet all season. He is a brute inside, but if the umpires pay a free every time we lay a tackle there is no inside to speak of. I think longmire should have moved him forward earlier when it was clear how they were playing an up and back game.

Pyke, hanners, rampe, Richards done all right. The rest well well beaten.

Not looking forward to the bagging we'll no doubt cop this week.

Hopefully this will be our one and only really bad game that we play. Very very disappointed coz we know they can play better than the crap they served up tonight.
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    What is up with Kennedy ? I can't remember him having such a low impact on a game..
    His man is beating him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    He drops so many sitters and is not finding any space and is not leading. Maybe he is a backman like his brother.
    I've thought so for a while. He often plays like a back, spoiling from behind to the boundary. But our approach as people on this site have repeatedly said is based on forwards spoiling for our midfielders to goal. So he really is playing as a back on that model in our forward line.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    However, unlike Geelong, Hawthorn, Collingwood and Richmond, we simply don't have a good forward marking option.
    Tippett? We will have!
    Pyke? We could have ... marks & kicks well ... everything we wanted Jesse White to be
    Goods & Reid? We should have! 'crept Goodey can't kick 'em once he marks 'em & Reidy - for the moment - isn't holding 'em like he used to ... but he IS kicking better

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast