Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5 v Saints

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Only change: Dre for LRT.
    Let the guys have a chance to right Friday nights wrongs. I don't think there were any passengers last night, they all seemed to be genuinely busting their guts, Hanners was my hero last night. They were just beaten by a better side on the night.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    As the six people next to me got up to leave halfway through the last quarter one, who ironically thinks LRT is hopeless, said "that was awful". I replied - "that's by far the best we've played this season". And it was, we were so far behind the other good teams it's sad. If LRT spends a long time on the sidelines we won't go back to back - he's that important to the team (and didn't it show last night?) Though Pike is improving by the week - he's now clearly ahead of Mummy. Alex was a big loss and that's doubled by LRT going down. I hope Shaw is nearly recovered as we desperately need him.

JPK had a shocker but who didn't - apart from Pike, Teddy, LRT, Dan and Mal. I didn't even see ROK until well into the loss.

I'm hoping there is a masterplan for Jetta because there's something really strange happening right now. It's as if he's been instructed not to run. I watched him a bit and one period was really telling. He got the ball in space on the wing and jogged about 20 metres to lob it short of our attacking 50 where it was effortlessly intercepted and run down the ground by the Cats. After Jetta kicked it he was jumping up and down in frustration and waving his arms at no-one. Last year he would have run 50 metres and kicked to the goal square to at least give our forwards a chance. I can only guess he's carrying an injury that we hope to heal while he plays soft. Good luck on that when you play a team like the Cats.

Aren't they a joy to watch - except for Selwood who has turned cheating into an art form? He's such a good player but the ducking his head then putting his hand out for the ball before the free has even been called - and his dropping into tackles to collect highs - would frustrate me even if I supported the Cats.

Finally, I said at the GWS game that the over umpiring may drive me from the game. We were even booing when we were given ridiculous free, not just when they were given against us. And it was back with a vengeance last night. Compare the umpiring this year with even the GF last year, and tell me it's the same game.
    Last edited by Go Swannies; 20th April 2013 at 07:11 PM.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Jetta needs to be dropped. He's fallen back into his 2011 habit of lurking around the contest without really executing.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Veterans List
    LRT and Armstrong out.

In come Bird (a must) and Brown.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Geelong are pretty good, sucks to lose but I see no need for too much axe weilding.

Armstrong just looks nervous. I'd like him to get a couple more games with the same output to see if he settles down.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Armstrong just looks nervous. I'd like him to get a couple more games with the same output to see if he settles down.
    I agree. A lot of his mistakes look due to nerves. He's too conscious of being dropped ATM. I'd keep him in for now.

Just wild about Harry
    So shoot me... LRT out and Reid given some time in the magoos to get some confidence and timing back. Give Pike a run at CHF (he seems to be clunking them well atm) and bring in Jesse to backup Mummy in the ruck. I know it isnt probable, but I would love to see how it goes. The other 'in' I would like to see is Lamb, although I think they will bring back Dre.

Goes up to 11
    Lamb would be ideal for NZ...

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Lamb would be ideal for NZ...
    I laughed!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by Panttz View Post
    Out: LRT, Armstrong.
    In: Lamb, Bird.

Give Lamb a crack, if his tackling and composure over the ball is better than Armstrongs I couldn't give a toss if he cant kick it.
    Too many times last night Tony was soft. Really soft. Just like Jetta last year did, he needs to learn how to tackle and make them stick.
    Give the red vest to Jetta.
    Um don't know where you get the idea that Lamby can't kick, he is a pretty good kick actually and his h/ball is svelte (elegant).

There are options at the moment. Jesse is paying very well, so are Lamby, Drey, Biggs (rooky), Brownie, Mitchell is coming on nicely but not yet, Tommy is putting in, Brandon Jack has been good, Lloyd has been ace. So many have played well but most of course are not ready yet. But there is a look about the Twos that is starting to develop and it is pretty awesome. The way they seemingly effortlessly score goals and run the ball.

I forgot Birdie who was good last week but no my BOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    As the six people next to me got up to leave halfway through the last quarter one, who ironically thinks LRT is hopeless, said "that was awful". I replied - "that's by far the best we've played this season". And it was, we were so far behind the other good teams it's sad. If LRT spends a long time on the sidelines we won't go back to back - he's that important to the team (and didn't it show last night?) Though Pike is improving by the week - he's now clearly ahead of Mummy. Alex was a big loss and that's doubled by LRT going down. I hope Shaw is nearly recovered as we desperately need him.

JPK had a shocker but who didn't - apart from Pike, Teddy, LRT, Dan and Mal. I didn't even see ROK until well into the loss.

I'm hoping there is a masterplan for Jetta because there's something really strange happening right now. It's as if he's been instructed not to run. I watched him a bit and one period was really telling. He got the ball in space on the wing and jogged about 20 metres to lob it short of our attacking 50 where it was effortlessly intercepted and run down the ground by the Cats. After Jetta kicked it he was jumping up and down in frustration and waving his arms at no-one. Last year he would have run 50 metres and kicked to the goal square to at least give our forwards a chance. I can only guess he's carrying an injury that we hope to heal while he plays soft. Good luck on that when you play a team like the Cats.

Aren't they a joy to watch - except for Selwood who has turned cheating into an art form? He's such a good player but the ducking his head then putting his hand out for the ball before the free has even been called - and his dropping into tackles to collect highs - would frustrate me even if I supported the Cats.

Finally, I said at the GWS game that the over umpiring may drive me from the game. We were even booing when we were given ridiculous free, not just when they were given against us. And it was back with a vengeance last night. Compare the umpiring this year with even the GF last year, and tell me it's the same game.
    I agree with the over umpiring comment. But it is even worse than that. I started to think I was watching Rugby Union on Friday night. The amount of times the Cats threw the ball instead of handballing and when they handballed they did so with both hands moving which is a throw.

Selwood and Chapman get a lot of frees. Selwood drops the knees and gets head high and Chapman dives. Both tactics were supposed to be frees against the player perpetrating that action and would have been last year.

Jeff Gieschen is a crap umpires manager and the standard of umpiring has declined since he took over. The constant rule changes have not helped either. I would like to see the rules go back to being a little bit simpler like they used to be.

If a player drops the ball it is a free, simple. Holding the ball to a player was never a free against the player, it was a ball up but in today's climate maybe a free against the player holding the ball to the player. Last year it was but not this year. The constant changing of interpretation of rules is confusing too and last years interpretation is gone and Gieschen is using the 2011 interpretation again. I think the players and coaches must be so confused, I know I am and frankly I don't like Gieschan's interpretation this year at all, it is regressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    So shoot me... LRT out and Reid given some time in the magoos to get some confidence and timing back. Give Pike a run at CHF (he seems to be clunking them well atm) and bring in Jesse to backup Mummy in the ruck. I know it isnt probable, but I would love to see how it goes. The other 'in' I would like to see is Lamb, although I think they will bring back Dre.
    Interesting dosser. Pykie is our best ruckman at the moment and to take him out of the mids would be crazy at this time. We could run a three way rotation of course and Mummy has been pretty good up forward this year but he needs to spend more time on goal kicking practice.

Reid to stay, he is trying to hold the forward structure together and if he doesn't clunk it then it comes to ground. The problem we had last week was that when it did come to ground we had no crumbers and the pill headed back like a bullet.

Lamby needs a go, deserves a go. Just a bit worried about Dane, some of his delivery was a bit ordinary last week but then again he wasn't alone. Dane to stay. Tony A to go, can't make a tackle stick and that is a HUGE problem, he needs to work very hard on that. I think it is a technique thing, he seems to grab at the jumper instead of getting his body behind the tackle head to the side. He should start learning from Kizza, ROK & LRT.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast