Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5 v Saints

On the Rookie List
    Out: LRT
    In: Tippett (disguised as LRT

Out: LRT, Armstrong, Morton

In: Brown, Bird, Lamb

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    LRT was playing forward when he got injured, Rampe was the third tall defender playing on Blicavs and then later on on Pods. They obviously have confidence in him performing this role so I don't necessarily think we need to bring in another tall defender, be it Walsh, Everitt or Brown just for the sake of it.

In: Everitt, Bird
    Out: LRT, Rampe

Just saw that Beau Maister is out for a few weeks, so probably don't need to replace LRT with another tall.

If we don't breeze through the next 2 games, something's not right. Both SK and Bri are not playing well.

Senior Player
    Lamb has flown over with the squad

Cannot see the logic in dropping Morton as some have suggested. He was banging so loudly on the door for selection that he couldn't be ignored and was given the callup.

Half a game later, and a half where our midfield got totally obliterated, some people want him out again?

Unless Tippett has just been given 8 weeks off for good behaviour, I see no reason not to give him another game, hopefully a full one....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Lamb has flown over with the squad
    Holy crap ... a flying sheep!!
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

I wouldn't change the team, other than the forced replacement of LRT. Instead, I'd change the gameplan:

1. We've been playing both Mummy and Pykey for most of the game, rotating the non-rucking one into the fwds. I'd go back to resting the non-rucking one on the bench to see if this gives Mummy more of an impact. Hopefully allows him to bust out of his current lack of form.

2. The tall forward line gameplan was relying on either plenty of marks or else our smaller players crumbing well. Did work in earlier games but I thought it backfired against the Cats - I can recall a number of times our talls bringing the ball to ground resulting in the Cats picking it up outside the 50 and rebounding quickly. So don't give the Saints predictability, play one less tall in the fwds and replace with MM. Not quite so much long bombing into the 50, mix it up with chipping around to find the loose man. We should be able to outpace the older Saints squad.

3. Replace LRT with Bird - aligned with the "less talls" option, justified by a couple of key Saints talls likely to be out injured. Plus I agree with other posters that we look to be missing Bird on the HB line. Could be used as a key tagger for one of their mids/small fwds

4. Horse admits we fell into the trap of playing the Cats at their own high pace game. We kept up really well for half a game only. Our team knows this and will be dirty about it. So keep the squad intact and challenge them to go out against the Saints and dictate terms.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Out: LRT
    In: Tippett (disguised as LRT
    Fine Cotton all over again!

On the veteran's list
    Milne gets a week from MRP
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

On the veteran's list
    LRT a scope and hoping for only minor damage. A few weeks only?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast