Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5 v Saints

Changes for Round 5 v Saints

Out: LRT (injured)
    In: Walsh

Out: LRT, Armstrong
    In: Bird, Everitt (Shaw if fit)

After hearing the post game interview with Horse, it's clear that Jetta will stay in the side. It also seems likely that Armstrong will be dropped although there seems to be a lot of good matchups for him against the Saints. I am not as upset about Reid's game at the moment as many poster seem to be. It was difficult to say what the value of Morton could be as he came into the side when the rest of the team were down. We also know that both LRT and Shaw are unlikely. St. Kilda have a lot of small forwards, so we don't have to bring in a tall player to replace LRT.

Out: LRT, Armstrong
    In: Bird, Lamb

Everitt also a possibility to come for Morton, but I am inclined to give Morton a full game and put Lamb in the vest. Everitt could be more value than Reid at the moment, but I don't think this change is likely.

Out : Armstrong, Jetta, LRT

In Bird, Walsh, Lamb

IMO, Jetts needs a kick up the back side. Give him a stint in the 2's and tell him he won't be back until his tackling and pressure return...Like they did with Morton.

Lamb deserves a run ,and so does Walsh.

Reid also needs to perform, or his place should also be in jeopardy.

It's time to shake the team up and show them that there really is pressure from the 2's, not just talk.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Out : Armstrong, Jetta, LRT

In Bird, Walsh, Lamb

IMO, Jetts needs a kick up the back side. Give him a stint in the 2's and tell him he won't be back until his tackling and pressure return...Like they did with Morton.

Lamb deserves a run ,and so does Walsh.

Reid also needs to perform, or his place should also be in jeopardy.

It's time to shake the team up and show them that there really is pressure from the 2's, not just talk.
    Problem is that the ressies have a bye so unless we want to do a Watts...

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Problem is that the ressies have a bye so unless we want to do a Watts...
    That's ok, it will Jetts a couple of weeks to think about it, then hopefully show something against the Lions reserves.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Out: Armstrong, LRT, In: Everitt and Bird.

Armstrong makes too many errors to go with some good play - its no good helping create goal scoring opportunities at one end if 3 minutes later a poor kick or poor tackle or lack of awareness gives the goal straight back. We really are missing Bird quite a bit imo, he is very important to the team.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I can't believe what some of you guys were saying about Reid.
    There is no doubt he's not playing well but the guy is only 21, big men don't peak usually until 23-25, we need to and we will commit to giving Reid games because there is no doubt he is going to he a force in the future.
    Once Tippet is in, it will help free up Reid and put less pressure on him, he needs to develop and that won't happen by dropping him.
    He is also very underrated below the knees, the kids got good handles for a tall player and this game and last have a few good score assists because of his good pick ups.

Out: LRT
    In: Lamb
    Sub: Jetta
    (Don't drop Jetta, you never know when he's going to pick up his form, he had a bad month last year but killed it for the rest of the year, let him make an impact by being a sub)

Veterans List
    That was disappointing and I think there must be changes although it's a pity the game is on foreign soil next week.

Out: LRT injured and whilst he got plenty of touches I don't think Armstrong looks composed enough and lacks pace

In: Bird has to come in and I know Everitt will be the other in but after seeing Geelongs kids last night I reckon it's time to roll the dice and debut Lamb. I'm assuming he won't be fit but if he is Shaw was badly missed last night.

Jetta has been massively disappointing this year (sub Morton got more touches last night), looks half pace and disinterested so I'd green vest him and bring him on for a quarter and a bit of high speed impact when all possible Saint taggers are stuffed.

Warming the Bench
    Out: LRT, Armstrong.
    In: Lamb, Bird.

Give Lamb a crack, if his tackling and composure over the ball is better than Armstrongs I couldn't give a toss if he cant kick it.
    Too many times last night Tony was soft. Really soft. Just like Jetta last year did, he needs to learn how to tackle and make them stick.
    Give the red vest to Jetta.

Jetta and Reid are being carried at the moment, but we don't really have any like-for-like replacements.

i find it interesting that we have this view that jetta and reid are being carried. In my view jetta is doing a lot of things better than he did last year - he is chasing lots and we arent getting beaten around the side where wingmen are. we were beaten straight through the corridor - where the spine of midfielders are. last week there were numbers of people on this site talking about the success of reid as a player who is rarely outmarked - and that was the case last night as well. goodes was outmarked by taylor much more than reid was. goodes failure to kick accurately the set shots he had were one of the major problems for us. but people aren't calling for him to be dropped.

from the game i reckon we carried jpk and mumford much more.

as far as i am concerned i wouldnt be dropping jetta under any circumstances and that has been my view for three years - he offers us genuine leg speed and that is something that we have very very little of.

reid has been dropping marks, but so has goodes and mummy hasnt even been getting to the contests. i wouldnt be dropping him either - i think he is doing ok - but his hands arent much softer than jesse's so i do worry about him long term.

i think it is obvious and it was obvious last night that the decision to pick morton as a sub was daft. he either starts or isnt in the 22.

id keep rampe over armstrong. if there is another fastish backline player i'd be picking him as well, if shaw cant come up, for lrt.

out lrt, armstrong
    in bird, 1 other.

i think if mumford is injured and is struggling id be putting jesse in over him - in fact i must say i am increasingly thinking this anyway. mumford has been poorish all season and is struggling. if it is injury related id give jesse a run - he has always been a decent ruckman in the ones and quite decent around the ground

watching the saints now. may have further comments later.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast