Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall on Open Mike tonight

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Barry Hall on Open Mike tonight

Barry Hall opens up on Swans exit | AFL - On The Couch | Fox Sports

Reveals an 'altercation' with Longmire as well as the much publicised spat with Roos.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Barry Hall opens up on Swans exit | AFL - On The Couch | Fox Sports

Reveals an 'altercation' with Longmire as well as the much publicised spat with Roos.
    I must say I am struggling to get interested in this. I get the sense it will be one of those documentaries from the 1970s - so dermie who did you punch then ? And you are best of friends now ? And you and Billy Duckworth do this and you and Mark Yeates do that.

He was a very good lead up forward for us and very lucky to have played in a flag. apart from the last quarter highlights all I really remember from that st kilda prelim was the constant whisper amongst swans fans at 1/4 time of fn idiot well he wont play next week - what the hell are we going to do now.

the reality was that we should have traded him at the end of the 08 season to the dogs - they were desperate for a full forward and you could tell that our side was struggling to play with him....we were struggling without him as well but it would have been a win win win.

i'd be surprised if there werent too many of the swans players and coaches from 05-09 who didnt have issues with barry.

On the Rookie List
    Yeah this is all boring IMO. We know what happened, we know why he left, we know he has issues with roos, we know he had an altercation with longmire (said so in his book), so why bring it all back up now??? Clearly hall just cant get over this but thats his problem cause im pretty sure the club has. Ill be very interested to see if hall goes to the 05 reunion, im guessing he wont especially as he sees himself as a 'bulldogs' player.

Seriously, again? Can't the "Dog for life" go and find another bone to pick? Tired of him altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    I must say I am struggling to get interested in this.....
    Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Yeah this is all boring IMO....
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Seriously, again? Can't the "Dog for life" go and find another bone to pick? Tired of him altogether.....
    So don't watch it.

Me, I'll sit back and watch the show as I do every week, it's a bloody good series and even though I suspect there will be nothing new for anybody that has read the book, I'll probably enjoy it as I always do.

I'm no huge Hall fan nowadays, but doing an Open Mike show is hardly a reason to get stuck into him...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    So don't watch it.
    I won't. Is it okay with you if I think he's a dickhead?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Is it okay with you if I think he's a dickhead?
    Of course it is, I think some people are dickheads as well...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Good old Baz, brings out the best in all of us.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Good old Baz, brings out the best in all of us.
    *HEADLOCK*

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Poor old Baz. He was a pretty awesome player to watch when he was on. He always did have a short fuse when things didn't go his way and struck me as being rather moody, I don't think the "Bloods culture" ever really changed that (see his brain snap in the preliminary final against the Saints in 2005), just we didn't see that side of him as much when we were winning. He never seemed the same after the 2006 grand final. He still played some good games for us in that period but his heart didn't seem to be in it any more. Was probably the best for both club and player that he moved on.

He also re-visits his childhood, including the relationship with his father who instilled numerous mantras in Hall from an early age that shaped him as a player, including "The only way to stop violence is more violence" and "Never let anyone have anything over you."
    Hmm....

Read more: Barry Hall opens up on Swans exit | AFL - On The Couch | Fox Sports

He's a big sook...He never got over his hopeless performance in the 06 GF...

And never got over the Swans tiring of him.

Seems to love talking about himself...I'm guessing as a way of excusing himself for his various hissy fits.

It's always..."Iv'e only got myself to blame, BUT....." Even dragging his father in.

Bye bye Baz.
    Last edited by ernie koala; 22nd April 2013 at 05:06 PM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I suggested getting rid of Barry much earlier than we did when he had actually currency (but then I would probably have shipped Jude out too). These days I would neither seek out or conscienstiously avoid reading or listing to anything he has to say. Very much a big yawn - I think its time for Barry to move on as he's flogging a dead horse thats already bolted.

Thinking about how I now view Barry and how he behaved on field in his last few years with us, makes me really appreciate the role Sam Reid plays. He is obviously growing into his role, body, etc but he never seems to drop his head when things dont go his way, he keeps presenting and putting in the effort without resorting to flying nun impressions with arms flapping everywhere.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast