Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barry Hall on Open Mike tonight

I enjoyed it. Probably would've liked to hear more on his actual playing career, rather than the drama but still thought it was good. I have enjoyed most of Mike's interviews.

He gets asked the question and he answers it. Can't see anything wrong with that. It was handled poorly and I think most on here thought that at the time.

Sensational player. Made plenty of blues but also made a huge contribution to our club and that shouldn't be forgotten.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

agree totally with your comments, think that hall should have kept his thoughts to himself then swans fans would still have some respect for him..unfortunately like most people here i don't

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I enjoyed it. Probably would've liked to hear more on his actual playing career, rather than the drama but still thought it was good. I have enjoyed most of Mike's interviews.

He gets asked the question and he answers it. Can't see anything wrong with that. It was handled poorly and I think most on here thought that at the time.

Sensational player. Made plenty of blues but also made a huge contribution to our club and that shouldn't be forgotten.
    Yep I also wanted a bit more info on his moves, his team mates and his ride. Oh well. They always seem too short.

I think Barry can say as he pleases, i think in the end he will come around to being at peace with it all. He seemed to be still grappling with it, as he seemed ad odds with his previous answers, only minutes later. And for what its worth I too would be disappointed in how it was handled, keeping in mind he said he knew he was at fault. He was a asked a question, he answered. Move on. Its a footy club, they all don't need to be best mates, just like us with co-workers. Regardless, i'd hope they can all get to the reunion, have a beer and reminisce.

He's still our premiership captain, excited the hell out of me and frustrated me. A great ride none the less.

A great player who made a significant contribution to the club. His leaving and the way it was handled was very unfortunate for all

H

spot on - no one in this life is perfect - he was asked questions and he answered them honestly- and I'm no fan of Roos or Kirk (their own self righteousness annoyed the crap out of me) - and the stuff they came out with at the time on tv was innappropriate because he had no come back - and in some ways I know how he feels to hear about your fate on the tv as my neice found out that her husband was sacked from the cronulla sharks on the 5pm news - he was still in the meeting with the now former board and the trout from ASADA at the time - so who leaked it to thd media? ( and it's all a crock - those bloke are being retrospectively punished for actually solving the problem in getting the person of interest removed from the club and the board signed it off after Doc threatened to resign if he didnt go!)So I can understand why he was pissed off- at the same time he has never backed away that it was all his fault - but at the time Roos could have acted with a bit class instead of ignoribg him - so shoot me for thinking and saying it - I really don't give a toss.
    Baz also said that the best coach he'd had was Roos - so he cant be all that bad.

I was glad they showed his circuit of the SCG and the fans. I thought he had dissed us all, but he obviously hasn't. I feel better about that. He drove me mad, wanted to hit him as many times as I wanted to hug him, but the intimation that he had given all of us the flick hurt.

Things were handled badly on every level, and it has taken years for BBB to work some things out for himself. No wonder some of the mob in charge got it wrong. Everyone had reached a breaking point, and I guess confronting BBB at times would have been like arguing with a volcano. Anyway, that's how it is.

I am glad I was able to see this. Kind of like settling the waters.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    I'm glad Primmy for you .

We all get so heavily invested, it's nice to hear from those involved.

I just think that some on here think we are a club of saints (no STKum) off and on the field. We clearly arn't, but are shoulders above the rest in trying

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    I don't care what BBBBH may say now. Fact is that if there was no BBBBH there would be no 2005 premiership. It is easy to forget what a gun he was from 2003 to 2006 - in the top 3 most influential players in the league no doubt, which is something he wasn't when we recruited him from the Saints. I'm hoping that Tippett can produce (and silence the "you paid over the odds"-type critics) in the same way. That goal he kicked in the fourth quarter of the 2005 prelim will be one of the enduring moments of my football life. One of the few things to exceed it is his Q4 goal in the grand final that year. Cometh the moment, cometh the man. As a Swans fan, that was a goal for the ages - and investment repaid with interest at that moment. Let's not get pissy and bitter. He needed to go when he did, the club could have handled it better - wrong on both sides. What remains is that he is in the Swans Pantheon, and its a pretty small group.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Beautifully said Velour man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    My old man and I still piss ourselves everytime we think of Bazza getting someone in a headlock or punching on.... To be honest though im kind of sick of his agenda against Roosy and now hes gonna talk about his altercation with Horse. Bazza, you got sacked because you were undisciplined, something our club prides itself on, you cost us finals with that spout against the hawks and quite frankly you chose your own destiny. Having said that I absolutely loved watching big bad bazza and miss him at the swannies!
    A self-indulgent anecdote from me re. that day. It was the first time my 4yo (at the time) boy and 5yo daughter came to a game. The Mrs brought them at 3Q time and came in when they let people in for free (remember that, when they opened the gates at 3QT at the G - they don't allow it any more).

After making my way down from the top deck of the Southern and then back up with the young 'uns to join my other two older daughters, we emerged into the open just as Baz incurred his double 50m march. The roar from the rabid Hawks fans and indignant red and white brigade stunned my young girl senseless and made my little boy burst into tears in fright.

It took some effort to get them back to the footy (but they are both big fans now).

As an aside to Fancy's comment here. I think it is a bit harsh to drop blame for that loss at the feet of Baz alone. It was a very ill-disciplined incident from him which was the turning point of the game but it was also a very poor last quarter from most on the pitch that day wearing red and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    I don't care what BBBBH may say now. Fact is that if there was no BBBBH there would be no 2005 premiership. It is easy to forget what a gun he was from 2003 to 2006 - in the top 3 most influential players in the league no doubt, which is something he wasn't when we recruited him from the Saints. I'm hoping that Tippett can produce (and silence the "you paid over the odds"-type critics) in the same way. That goal he kicked in the fourth quarter of the 2005 prelim will be one of the enduring moments of my football life. One of the few things to exceed it is his Q4 goal in the grand final that year. Cometh the moment, cometh the man. As a Swans fan, that was a goal for the ages - and investment repaid with interest at that moment. Let's not get pissy and bitter. He needed to go when he did, the club could have handled it better - wrong on both sides. What remains is that he is in the Swans Pantheon, and its a pretty small group.
    I agree 100 per cent with this analysis.

It will take more than a little of his personal bitterness to scrub him from my Top 20 all-time favourite Swans. Meanwhile, I actually think BBBH is becoming quite a good commentator and chat show panelist. Some of his recent Fox Footy contributions on AFL 360 and AFL Teams have shown great insight to points of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    So, he goes on TV tonight and makes some big statements, and gets some headlines tomorrow. And, you know what happens after that ?????
    Wednesday he's off to Wellington to be a presenter on Thursday's historic match against the Saints (on the same channel Seven of course).
    So....big statements tonight make him a 'must-see' on Thursday (where he'll no doubt be asked to recycle it all again !), and then he's back to Melbourne and will sell some more copies of his book.

It's called "media", "cross promotion" and "the news cycle"... been like this for years and, guess what, as long as his big head is on tellie making big statements, he is news and is feeding "the hungry beast".

Watch it if it's interesting but remember that we're all being treated like suckers.
    It is called a PR stunt to sell books

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123