Thread: Unsung heroes

Unsung heroes

Ok Swans fans - pop quiz. Without looking it up, who finished highest in last year's Bob Skilton medal count? Was it:

(a) Adam Goodes
    (b) Shane Mumford
    (c) Craig Bird
    (d) Dan Hannebery
    (e) Jude Bolton

Senior Player
    I'd go with Hanners

Birdman !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I reckon from that list it was the little Birdy - he had a terrific 2012 and from memory polled in most games.

For some reason I recall Bird snuck in at number 10, but don't know if that's good enough to take the prize. Can't recall where Hanners went.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I reckon from that list it was the little Birdy - he had a terrific 2012 and from memory polled in most games.
    Yep, Bird finished around 7 or 8 I think, with Hanners sneaking into the top 10 at number 10 (from memory - I haven't cheated and looked it up).

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I knew without looking it up that it had to be Bird, the others aren't exactly unsung heroes But yes he did have a great 2012 and was an integral part of our midfield, is definitely rated by me.

Unsung heroes

Bird it is! Probably the least rated (or at least talked about) player by swans fans. Yet he finished above all those players people would consider champions.

He has his faults, but he was a tackling machine last year and generally very good. Congrats to him, and many more premierships, I hope!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Maybe this belongs in the 'Melbourne media' thread but . . . it's funny watching them all rave at the moment about Grant Birchall and how clubs need to cotton onto his influence and shut his drive down.

Umm, didn't they notice the Swans worked this out last year, and Bird spent GF day doing just that to him and Hodge, and knocked up 20 possies himself? Of course they didn't. Fools.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    His non-selection didn't help us against the Cats.
    I rest on my sig.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    ...I rest on my sig.
    I like Mike Pyke too.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017