Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Game Day : Vs Saints

I agree with Watters....there were at least two occasions I can recall (being at the game) where I thought a free might get paid....he's talking about (mostly) a 2 on one where Reg and St. Nick are wrestling...but it appears that Reg's aim is to keep Nick on the ground, edging him to 5 metres in front of where the ball will actually land, leaving Teddy to mark uncontested. You are only allowed to make that contact if you are genuinely trying to spoil or mark the ball yourself. There was an umpires directive at the start of the season to be stricter on it.....the video features a few Swans from memory :-)
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

What the hell is this "Umpires department has been working with Saad to speed up his kicking for goal" WTF????? Phone call....."Tell Ahmed he has 30 seconds to kick for goal or play on will be called." I got really, really angry and was up yelling and, yes even booing....I had a lot of mates as it seemed the crowd made a lot of noise at that point.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    What the hell is this "Umpires department has been working with Saad to speed up his kicking for goal" WTF????? Phone call....."Tell Ahmed he has 30 seconds to kick for goal or play on will be called." I got really, really angry and was up yelling and, yes even booing....I had a lot of mates as it seemed the crowd made a lot of noise at that point.
    The rest of us were giggling helplessly.
    Like something out of a zombie movie.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I loved the comedy of Saad's run up, it was fantastic!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213