Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jarrad McVeigh 200 games

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Well done Macca, I never doubted you.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I too, used to bag him relentlessly....Love him now. He's become an elite player and solid leader. Congrats Macca.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Pendlebury a flog???

Jimmy needs to take stock...
    Totally agree. There are many players at Collingwood that I would label flog (or one of many other descriptive adjectives) but Pendlebury is not one of them. Brilliant player who, from what I've seen at least, seems a decent bloke (particularly now he wears his hair normally).

Back to Captain Mac, I used to bag him mercilessly and couldn't for the life of me understand why he was made captain, now of course I am dining constantly on humble pie cause he has blossomed into one of the most competent footballers I have ever seen.
    Guess that's why I don't coach.....

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    He's definitely on track for an AA position, but we just know the selectors will put Pendlebury or some other flog ahead of him.
    I said Pendlebury "or" some other flog. I rate Pendles. Gun player and professional. As for Harry O'Brien....
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

I said Pendlebury "or" some other flog. I rate Pendles. Gun player and professional. As for Harry O'Brien....
    Triple thinks Jimmy's back pedalling....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Not at all.... Ease up triple J!!
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Blog Entries

Well done Jared your skills were never in doubt. There was a doubt years ago about his hardness, mainly due to his light frame. But that went really quickly. He is built much like Fozzy and he was a deceptively hard player too, great tackle same with Macca. Let's hear it for 300 and years as Captain Blood.

Well done Macca. One of best and most consistent players in recent times and a proud and inspirational Premiership captain. One of our better first round draft picks in the modern era too!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

There's definitely a pedal...

Well done to The Good McVeigh, (as the Sydney supporters in our house refer to him as.)

200 games is a special effort by any standards.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I too, used to bag him relentlessly....Love him now. He's become an elite player and solid leader. Congrats Macca.
    I remember yr incessant baggage well. It prompted me to nickname him Triple M - Much-Maligned McVeigh.

Congratulations Captain Blood! You're always in the right place at the right time, and with so much time and economy of effort (grace); if I had to come up with a nickname for you right now, it'd be The Matrix!
    Last edited by voodooguru; 3rd May 2013 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Because it's there.
    I was wrong about Gerard and his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Well done to The Good McVeigh, (as the Sydney supporters in our house refer to him as.)
    ....aka Jared and Jared's Brother.
    I was wrong about Gerard and his hair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12