Thread: Jarrad McVeigh 200 games

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Jarrad McVeigh 200 games

2012 AFL Premiership co-captain
    2011-now Sydney Swans co-captain
    2010 International Rules representative
    2008 Bob Skilton Medalist
    2006 Most Improved
    2004 AFL debut (also against the Brions)
    2002 AFL Draft Selection No. 5 overall

199 games, 152 goals, 32 Brownlow votes (2007-2012)

Well done Jarrad!

'McHack' has come a long way.

Here's to 200 more.
    -

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Our run into the finals and end result really picked up with him returning to his best form. His last 8-10 games of 2012 were better than any in his best and fairest year if you ask me.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Surely deserves the "elite" label by now.
    Well done Jarrad, and congratulations.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

And our top goalkicker this year.
    Such a classy player. Lucky for us his brother got the follicle gene, Jarrad got the footy gene.

I am so embarrassed that I wanted him removed from the team. Once upon a time. that's before I understood that perhaps the men in charge are, well, in charge.

Been one hell of a ride Macca. Won't say its been a blast, but its been a learning curve of integrity under pressure. xx
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

ABSOLUTELY love this bloke. Oozes class, both on and off the footy field. So bloody underrated by the Melbourne media it's ridiculous. Has the best set of hands in tight in the AFL. Congratulations Macca.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

When I was over in Wellington, I kept telling (rather loudly and robustly) the locals and Saints fans around me that they should watch him and that he was the most under-rated player in the league. He didn't let me down. Most touches he had were well judged and often sublime. The informed and uninformed agreed with me by night's end.

Unfortunately, I did also yell something along the lines of "the best set shot in the league, you'd want him kicking for you to win after the siren" just before he missed a set shot.

Oh well. I still love him and think this could be an All Australian year for him if he keeps up current form.

Love your work, Jarrad. Could very well be our fifth 300 gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    When I was over in Wellington, I kept telling (rather loudly and robustly) the locals and Saints fans around me that they should watch him and that he was the most under-rated player in the league. He didn't let me down. Most touches he had were well judged and often sublime. The informed and uninformed agreed with me by night's end.

Unfortunately, I did also yell something along the lines of "the best set shot in the league, you'd want him kicking for you to win after the siren" just before he missed a set shot.

Oh well. I still love him and think this could be an All Australian year for him if he keeps up current form.

Love your work, Jarrad. Could very well be our fifth 300 gamer.
    He's definitely on track for an AA position, but we just know the selectors will put Pendlebury or some other flog ahead of him.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Easily our best ball user I would think and a fantastic player. Congratulations and may he have many more games

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    ....Pendlebury or some other flog ahead of him.
    Pendlebury a flog???

Jimmy needs to take stock...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Opti-pessi-misti
    I think he has evolved into a very worthy captain too. His leadership on the field is starting to be more evident.

Joey got all the media 'sunshine' last year and Hanners seems to be getting the praise right now - in both cases well merited, but it means that Jarrad even though highly regarded by the commentators, misses out on the credits he deserves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast