Just looking at Pies v Saints. There was an intensity in the last quarter but it was closer in the earlier quarters. Pies got going i the last really. But still even with the intensity I was not impressed with the skill level. I thought it was pretty shoddy until parts of the last when the pies and then in return the Saints put together some good decisive play.

They keep saying how good are the Pies going to be when Ball, Johnson, Maxwell, Beams and Young come back. i am not convinced by Pies even with those guys. Certainly Clynton Young, Dane Beams and Luke ball are going to make a difference but I think Johnson is wasteful disposal wise and easily caught and put down and Nick Maxwell as far as I am concerned has played one season too long.

We beat them in a final with all but Young and Ball but we beat Hawks with Young and I think they are a far better unit than Pies. We played the Saints on a turf that was incredibly difficult for both sides and certainly evened up the contest as they had trained in the wet in Melbourne. Tonight the game was at Etihad under the roof where the conditions would suit the pies as they are a slightly better side than Saints.

Sides who play a very dry weather game are very much at an advantage at Etihad. The Pies are that sort of side and recently against good opposition they have folded. It is easy to see why if you look at their game plan or the way their players leave their opponents so loose. I will be very surprised if they do any better than in the top eight.