Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Sam Reid needs.

On the Rookie List
    Sam needs to smile relax and enjoy his footy.Maybe have a comp with Howie as to who can take the weeks best hanger. Keep it simple Sam,lead/mark /goal.

Saw on TV the other night that Sam was No.3 for pressure acts (157) in the league. And his mark last night against Freo was remarkable. He is a great mark when he doesn't have 2 or 3 players hanging off him. Would he benefit from playing down back for a little while?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Saw on TV the other night that Sam was No.3 for pressure acts (157) in the league. And his mark last night against Freo was remarkable. He is a great mark when he doesn't have 2 or 3 players hanging off him. Would he benefit from playing down back for a little while?
    Three more games and Reid won't have 2 or 3 blokes hanging off him. He may have dropped a few last night, but he also held on to more than anyone else on the ground.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    What Sam Reid needs is a teleporter. When the ball's heading his way, he can materialise in mid air above the pack, take a flyer and before the ump has even called the mark, materialise directly in front of goal and wham it home.
    Last edited by Danzar; 19th May 2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: opps, missed a word
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

More than Marks

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    I cannot understand why everyone is so hard on him. His defensive side on his game is quite good and that last mark was a real pressure mark. Unfortunately he is the lone forward in our forward line and the opposition often drop back at least 2 players (as fremantle did). So it is often 1 against three and don't forget he is still only 21 years old.

Sam was one of our best last night IMO. Played tr lead up forward role well, as I've said before very much I the Nick Riewoldt mould.

I'll say it again. Sam is a great young player, who IMO, should be playing in defence.

I reckon he would kill it as a defender...He's got all the tools and some..

Forwards for the Swans who have moved to the backline....Dunkley, Barry, Richards, Grundy....All have been successful moves....

Reid would, IMO, eclipse them all, given the tools he's got and his tenacious style of play.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Dunkley?!?

Don't forwards have to kick?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Sam was one of our best last night IMO. Played tr lead up forward role well, as I've said before very much I the Nick Riewoldt mould.
    x2

Even the spectacular marks he takes are having a run at it, which this type of role has the opportunity to do coming back into the forward 50. He's not a FF.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

That mark was better and under more pressure than Naitanui's. If we were a point up at the time it'd be even more remarkable.

He at least knows how to inject himself into the play if he's not kicking goals and that's a great sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Dunkley?!?

Don't forwards have to kick?
    Supposedely..but Dunks bucked the trend...He started out as a CHF.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

horse has spoken !!!

Longmire up front about Reid's future AFL

??Up the ground on the weekend, I thought he ran really well and presented well for us and took 11 marks and really made an impact up the ground,?? Longmire said.

of which 4 were contested marks !!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12