Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 7 Vs Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    Credit to Hawthorn, they were brilliant. But I hope the Horse gives the players the spray from hell at half time because that was horrible to watch.
    I'm hoping that as well.

SERiously...the backline is severely depleted compared to the side that played the GF.... Shaw...LRT...Johnson...no Mumford to drop back....and of course, still no real full forward, to use an old fashioned term...Reid has been next to useless for near on 2 years now...come on let's face it....

Let me know what happens on LLL. I am about to enter a zen like state where not even Brian Taylor's commentary can reach me...
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

What can we expect when we don't have a forward line.. The mids are being kept busy being mids instead of kicking goals like they can against lesser teams.. White hasn't impressed so far.. I hope he can get going in the 2nd half.. Can't see us coming back from this..

Rnd 7 Vs Hawks

Sitting at the MCG and our lack of depth in the backline is being fully exploited by a well structured, skilful and tall forward line. We miss LRT tonight more than any other game with tall forwards Buddy, Gunston, Hale and Roughead running around. I fear the best we can do tonight from here is too restrict a flogging and avoid injuries. Long way back!
    Swannies for life!

Veteran Site Admin
    Hard to see us coming back, but hats off to Hawthorn. They've been razor sharp - certainly the best I've seen them play this year by some margin.

I reckon Jesse needs to take most of the ruck work to allow Pyke to stay forward. He's the only tall who looks like taking a contested mark in our forward line.

On the Rookie List

Rnd 7 Vs Hawks

Don't panic. We've got the Great White Hope to save us. Any of his supporters like to comment on his 2 possessions? Missed tackles. Lack of second efforts Or just maybe, start to see he should never pull on a Swans guernsey again? The worst player I've seen in my 20 years as a Swans Member. Pathetic.
    Regards,

Boro Boy

This is the most pathetic I have seen a Swans side since 2010. We won't make the finals at this rate. If we can't match it with the 'A' teams we shouldn't be there at all. This is the worst effort I have seen in a lot of years from a Swans side. Reminding me of the bad old days. They aren't even fighting. our disposal is crap and we are panicking even when there is no need. Goodes has handballed to players in a worse position 5 times, Hannas has not hit a player all night, They are isolating Rampe on a very tall target and the poor kid is getting killed by players 10 or more cm taller. Kizza, Ryano, Macca & co keep handballing at the receiving player's feet.

Forget this game it is over all ready as not enough of our players have the hunger for the contest. There have been players running to the side of the contest tonight, I haven't seen that from a Swans team in a long time. They are playing very well but a team can only play as well as you allow them and we are definitely allowing them. They hit us hard im the first and a few players seem a bit reticent to give a full contest. We are not picking up opponents. Bruest seems to be able to get the ball at will. Who the hell is on him?

We have no chance the way Hawthorne are playing. We should bring Lamb in for White, put Reid in the Backline and play only small forwards.

Regular in the Side
    I am "p" off with a number of things tonight. Firstly we get to the game at about 5.15 to receive our membership "gifts" then we are told its a reserve seat only for the lower levels and general admission is only available on the top deck. My wife suffers from meiers and cant stand heights. We then come home and see the empty seats on the ground level almost all around. Someone needs to explain, the Swans didnt email us that it was "sold Out'. Then we have to put up with crap from BT and friends carry on like 2 bob donkeys I think that C7 is worse now than 10 with wallsey and lane and thats saying something.

Hawks are playing very well tonight and Swans look undermanned and unstructured. However, I would rather lose tonight and improve than win big and decline in performance. Let's face it, the only way from here is up...and maybe we'll see some good signs in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    Let me know what happens on LLL. I am about to enter a zen like state where not even Brian Taylor's commentary can reach me...
    It's the usual - two would be if they could be couples who want the amazing house (with wow factor) with in an area of 18 streets inthe most expensive suburb in the uk - and all for the price of a granny flat! You just want to slap some and say " wake up to yourselves wankers!"

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast