Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 9 vs. Collingwood

pr. dim-melb; m not f

Changes for Round 9 vs. Collingwood

Out: Mummy (seems to need time to get right), Marty (depending on fitness, stays if OK)
    In: White (rotates between ruck and forward), Lamb (replacing Walsh who goes into defence)
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Marty's already out, as in he wasn't in the team against Freo.

Blog Entries
    But Marty is already an out.

Stick Sam at full back!!!!....

Out:
    - Mummy: clearly not 100%. Should be rested for a bit, to allow him to hopefully return to his best for the second half of the season.

- Walsh. I'd like for him to have another week, but I can't see that happening given that he did even less than White did the week prior.

Bird: looks slow (even as the sub) and keeps turning the ball over by foot. With Mitchell getting better by the week in the Ressies, I think he'll eventually lose his spot to him

In:
    - White: unfairly dropped last week, and I think he offers a little bit more than Mumford does at this stage

Mattner: logical replacement if he's fit. Otherwise Armstrong

Lamb: In the couple quarters he played I thought he was really good, deserves a full game

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Marty's already out, as in he wasn't in the team against Freo.
    But Marty is already an out.
    Ah yes, mere details!
    To be replaced by Walsh - I think we need to work this bloke and make a decision for the future, and I agree with those who think he is more likely to have a future in defence than up forward, even if the coaches want to make him a swing player.
    Lamb to play a full game.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Reservers form against a very weak opposition means nothing. Absolutely nothing. White kicking 10 against Queenbean would require the same effort as kicking 1 against collingwood.

Morton, Walsh and White are all of about the same level regarding our forward options.

We need to select teams which represent our best long term advantage, irrespective of game to game reserves form. You'd have to think Morton has a proven record with his grand final efforts, and you'd perhaps think that getting White in as the pseudo-Tippet would allow us to adapt a game plan around a key forward, even if he cant execute the role to perfection.

Walsh isn't even close to Morton's level. No way in hell would Morton have missed everything on Saturday night, for a start.

On the Rookie List
    Morton is miles ahead of Walsh and White. Morton's a natural who also has far more AFL experience, the other two are not. Just play Morton and leave him in the side.

Collingwood's small forwards and midfielders are the danger. Although Cloke is a monster, they are not a tall team. Krakouer, Elliot, Dwyer, Blair will be difficult to cover with last weeks team.

Walsh out, Mattner in (Armstrong if Mattner not fit)

If Jolly is suspended, Mummy should go out for Armstrong or Lamb.

Play Jetta as a small forward and Benny in the midfield. Jetts needs to get himself away from the congestion and run into open spaces. We need a dangerous scoring threat again.

frustrating isnt it.

the truth is we are continually tinkering with that last position. maybe it is the game plan that is the problem if the cattle aren't right for the current game plan. I don't quite know what to do, and fortunately so because if i was asked i suspect id soon be out of a job. the long kicks are not working and we lack run from behind the ball which is a function of no shaw or mattner which reduces the running power by 2/3. mcveigh isnt the answer for the running and we are robbing peter by playing him too deep because he really is the only player that consistently lowers his eyes to find a target inside 50. but he does give us another player that can find a target coming out of defence.

i want to see morton and lamb starting and i am not opposed to everitt and white. if mattner is right i'd bring him in and if mummy is right - and i mean really right - id play him instead of jesse. the last place comes down to bird v everitt. tricky. I'd play everitt because i think he has more upside but the coaches would play bird because everitt has more downside. you know what you will get with bird.

so i guess for me it would be outs: walsh (mummy) (bird)
    ins: lamb (white) (mattner)

more generally we need to consider goodes, bolton and rok - we need them to find form throughout a game and not for fifteen minutes each. i've been really disappointed in rok this year - not in the midfield where he has been fine, not brilliant, but fine but he was such an amazingly good hff and now he seems unable to take a mark forward of the ball. goodes always starts badly but i think hawthorn aside he is not bringing very much to the game and jude is really playing as a defensive forward now which means he has a lot of pressure on him.

apologies also to jpk - i thought it was his best game of the season on sat night and i forgot to give him votes in the tlm - if he loses it by less three it will have been my fault.

It's time..............

To unleash Tommy Mitchell. End of story. It's time. Put him on the big stage. Bird for Mitchell.

Everitt for Mattner or Shaw. If both are available, I'd look at giving Rampe a spell.

Walsh to the backline. For some reason, I can see Walsh becoming our third tall defender - taking AJ's spot until he returns in 2014. That way LRT comes back as a switch hitter in the Ruck, backline and forward line.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast