Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Collingwood game - seating question

Liz I bought GA tickets last night for my family. There's heaps left. If there's more than 65,000 there i'll be surprised.

Regular in the Side
    the second game in melb for vic supporters and the second game in a row we have to pay extra for our seats. They sell our victorian saints and north games to other states/countries and we victorian swans miss out agin. There was no publication that last weeks game was ticketted, We got there at about 5.13 to receive our caps and an announcement comes over the PA that all seats on the lower level (where we usually sit in the ponsford stand), were sold out. and all that was available for GA was the top deck back rows. I know the collingwood and essendon games are ticketted events but here we go again, its not worth being a member the Swans admin dont seem to care but they will when people stop buying m/ships cause its cheaper just paying at the gate for the 2 or 3 games that we could get in. You can forget the geelong game as well. Does antone else feel the same as my family.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    the second game in melb for vic supporters and the second game in a row we have to pay extra for our seats. They sell our victorian saints and north games to other states/countries and we victorian swans miss out agin. There was no publication that last weeks game was ticketted, We got there at about 5.13 to receive our caps and an announcement comes over the PA that all seats on the lower level (where we usually sit in the ponsford stand), were sold out. and all that was available for GA was the top deck back rows. I know the collingwood and essendon games are ticketted events but here we go again, its not worth being a member the Swans admin dont seem to care but they will when people stop buying m/ships cause its cheaper just paying at the gate for the 2 or 3 games that we could get in. You can forget the geelong game as well. Does antone else feel the same as my family.
    I feel very similar. I sat as far from the ground as I have ever sat, including grand finals, against hawthorn. I have told the club repeatedly that i find the whole thing unsatisfactory but i am loath to blame them too much as it as the AFL which is a significant cause of the problem. I just want to hear the club go into bat for the vic membership more forcefully than the kind of muted, "We are happy with the 15 games in sydney, (sotto voce) we are disappointed that we only had 5 games for our victorian members when we asked for six

Even though the club probably doesn't have a huge say in it, I still feel they could do more or at least say more.

For a start, they should lobby the AFL and ask them to not allow the likes of Norf and the Saints to take home games against Sydney and Brisbane away from Melbourne. Syd/Bris have ties to Melb and certainly in our case, significant supporter bases.

If the clubs need to take their home games away from Melb for financial reasons, they have GWS, Suns, and two sides from each of Adelaide and Perth to choose from. None of these sides have ties to Melb nor significant fanbases in Melb. I could understand a reluctance to travel to Hobart etc to play against GWS and Suns at the minute as they no doubt want to offer a more attractive game to the new frontiers where they are trying to garner support, but that still leaves 4 strong teams from SA and WA and in a few years time, both GWS and the Suns will be handing Norf and Aints their arses to them on a platter anyway.

Bottom line, there is NO good reason that any Melb based club needs to take their home game away from Melb against Sydney or Brisbane and the Swans should make sure the AFL acknowledge that and see it happen (or not happen).
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veteran Site Admin
    I think part of the problem is that Sydney is considered an attractive side for Tasmanian and Wellington organisers. It wouldn't be unreasonable to put a limit on one "Melbourne" game per year being moved away from Melbourne.

On the Rookie List
    I may of missed this but is this game now fully ticketed with no GA? This will be the difference whether I go or not. Surely can't be? Then again it is collingwood.

Senior Player
    I shall be in N13 , Level 2. It looks like it may be under cover , which will be horrible if it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    I may of missed this but is this game now fully ticketed with no GA? This will be the difference whether I go or not. Surely can't be? Then again it is collingwood.
    There will be GA admittance for Vic Swans members and a low cost upgrade to reserved seating if required. I am sure they will be selling GA tickets at the gate too for non-members. It is a big stadium.

GA will get you a first-in-best-dressed seat in the top deck of the Southern or Ponsford. I'd suggest getting there early if you don't want to be a long way back because there are many Collingwood fans who are not members.

Checking the weather; it looks like no rain but a clear cold night. Rug up.

Just got back from the dentist. Had my front tooth fixed. Told the dentist I was going to the footy tomorrow night and she replied "at least you won't look like a Collingwood supporter when i'm finished". And she was born in Iran so they learn quickly.

I'm heading to GA with my kids' Auskick tickets. I'm making sure I'm there early. I'm driving down from the country so any clues on a good car park???
    I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge.maverick View Post
    I'm heading to GA with my kids' Auskick tickets. I'm making sure I'm there early. I'm driving down from the country so any clues on a good car park???
    At a nearby train station then train it in to Richmond or Jolimont. I would normally drive and park at the G but the traffic will be just mayhem being a Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    At a nearby train station then train it in to Richmond or Jolimont. I would normally drive and park at the G but the traffic will be just mayhem being a Friday night.
    Good option bearing in mind that the Rebels are also playing against the Waratahs across the road tomorrow night. That'll draw circa 20K as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast