Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Goodes

I actually like abuse at the footy. We can cut out the racial and homophobic stuff, but no reason to not give everything else to the players.
    Doesnt have to be factual, helps if its funny.

I expect plenty of drug references to be targetted at the bombers this weekend.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    I dearly want the Swans to win, but am interested to watch the amazing skills of all players on the ground. But unfair play and vilification on and off the ground is extremely disturbing .
    Capturing the Pies member on the IPhone was pretty effective and avoided a possible ugly scene.
    Open Mike was fantastic last night with Nicky Winmar and Gilbert McAdam... One of them , Nicky I think was vilified by Dermot Brereton in a game (since admitted by DB) , Nicky was upset, responded physically and got 10 weeks.
    Don't miss it, if you get a chance.
    HP

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I actually like abuse at the footy. We can cut out the racial and homophobic stuff, but no reason to not give everything else to the players.
    Doesnt have to be factual, helps if its funny.

I reckon the rule is as long it's to do with the footy, it's cool. There's a difference between mocking a player because he's on the other team and hurling personal abuse. I've been amazed at some of the things people have been saying about the Goodes incident, as though racial abuse is part of the game.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    I dearly want the Swans to win, but am interested to watch the amazing skills of all players on the ground. But unfair play and vilification on and off the ground is extremely disturbing .
    Capturing the Pies member on the IPhone was pretty effective and avoided a possible ugly scene.
    Open Mike was fantastic last night with Nicky Winmar and Gilbert McAdam... One of them , Nicky I think was vilified by Dermot Brereton in a game (since admitted by DB) , Nicky was upset, responded physically and got 10 weeks.
    Don't miss it, if you get a chance.
    HP
    That would be the same Dermot Brereton who passed judgement on Adam Goodes' character.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    That would be the same Dermot Brereton who passed judgement on Adam Goodes' character.
    And who stomped on someone's head. After that, a simple kicking in danger isnt so bad.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    I reckon the rule is as long it's to do with the footy, it's cool. There's a difference between mocking a player because he's on the other team and hurling personal abuse.
    Especially when it is by a Tigers fan mocking his own team. Then it's hilarious.

Opti-pessi-misti
    I went to the Herald Sun site and read the Andrew Bolt article. All the blogs underneath emphatically support his view so I wrote one with a different point of view and surprise surprise, so far it hasn't been published. Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I assume you mean the Essendon 'Guinea Pigs'.....or were you referring to the Essendon 'Pin Cushions'
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I copped a sneak peek at the Bombers forward line for Saturday night,

FF. Ben Johnson, Lance Armstrong, Marion Jones.
    HF. Ben Cousins, Alberto Contador, Diego Maradonna.

I think Marion as the first female to play AFL should star in the forward pocket, Smoocher better keep his mind on the job!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post

I think Marion as the first female to play AFL should star in the forward pocket, Smoocher better keep his mind on the job!
    I guess both Cousins and Maradona will play as high half forwards ??
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post

Classic.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I guess both Cousins and Maradona will play as high half forwards ??
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast