Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodes

Blog Entries

Goodes

Well stated Press conference.

Shows how such a simple word ("Ape" in this instance) can cut so deep to the right individuals.
    A 13 YO girl just learnt an invaluable lesson. Learn to Shut you mouth.

Time to stop the abuse from over the fence.

Not a good way to start the indigenous round, or finish a fantastic win, but hopefully it will lead to changes.

Goodes is all class. He has received more than his fair share of abuse over the years (usually not racial in nature), often from fans of other clubs that are nothing but envious and jealous of his talents (i.e. they wouldn't dream of doing it to him if he played for their team), but time and time again he has shown just what a wonderful person he is, and a brilliant representative of himself, his club, and his people.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Having copped racial abuse myself over the years, I don't think I would have been as classy as Adam was today and more respect to him.

You have to wonder where the supervision was of this young lass. Her words come from learned behaviour. Who did she learn from one wonders....
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    from fans of other clubs that are nothing but envious and jealous of his talents (i.e. they wouldn't dream of doing it to him if he played for their team)
    Ahhhh yes. I remember a few times in the last few years where we have played at Kardinia Park in Geelong where whenever he touched the ball there was always a few gents who would call out "3 Brownlow votes!" or my favorite "Protected species!"

The Geelong people are such interesting individuals haha

Planet Of The Apes avatar and signature retired out of respect.
    -

Goodes is a class act as a human being. Everything he did yesterday and today just underlined that.

There is comments that this incident was bad timing. For me it was great timing. We often talk about things saying "yeah yeah everything is fine". This was an example of what is wrong, what is bad and unacceptable. It will help so much more then just having a special round or a parade of people.

He was able to articulate how hurtful comments can be.

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Planet Of The Apes avatar and signature retired out of respect.
    Well done CJK, class act and I acknowledge your reasoning.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Very impressive press conference by Adam. Eloquent, passionate, insightful - in stark contrast to Andrew Demetriou who I thought really didn't know what to say and just basically parroted Goodsey. Surprising because that's his job and he's paid huge bucks to do it.

Reported on 744 melbourne that the child has rung Adam and apologised. I hope that's the end of it.

I strongly suspect we may have all learned a lesson. I for one will be a bit more careful with the words I use to describe umpires.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I hope that's the end of it.
    Yes, for her sake. Hopefully the issue is followed up but the incident is closed.
    What I don't understand is why was the girl walked out alone? If you we're at the game with your daughter and she was removed, wouldn't you go with her? Especially seeing as your team had lost and was just playing for the siren.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Yes, for her sake. Hopefully the issue is followed up but the incident is closed.
    What I don't understand is why was the girl walked out alone? If you we're at the game with your daughter and she was removed, wouldn't you go with her? Especially seeing as your team had lost and was just playing for the siren.
    Yep, thought exactly the same thing.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast