Thread: Getting behind a Goodes cause

Blog Entries

Getting behind a Goodes cause

Former AFL Sydney umpire, Tom Bowes is involved in LBW Trust - a cricket-themed charity that raises money to grant tertiary education scholarships in the developing world. We currently support around 700 students in Sri Lanka, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Uganda and Sri Lanka.
    The 6th Annual Dinner of The Cricketers Club of NSW raising funds for The LBW Trust will be held once again in the Strangers' Dining Room of the NSW Parliament House on Thursday, 20th June.
    "The Courage of Champions" Dinner will feature Sydney Swans superstar Adam Goodes and the multi-talented dual international Ellyse Perry.
    Who can forget Adam's warrior-like performance leading the Swans to an epic 2012 Grand Final win despite a heavily bandaged left knee from an injury sustained in the second quarter of the match? Nor Ellyse's impressive bowling effort steering Australia to victory in the World Cup Final in Mumbhai ripping through the Windies top order with 3 wicket for 2 runs in a 10 ball spell after blasting 25 runs off 22 balls; all this with a badly strained ankle!
    We are privileged to have the evening co-hosted by the Premier of NSW Barry O'Farrell and the Leader of the Opposition in the Legislative Council Luke Foley, compered by the wonderful Stephanie Brantz of the ABC.
    The cost of the evening is $135pp only and all profits will be donated to The LBW Trust (which provides tertiary scholarships for over 750 disadvantaged and underprivileged youth in six cricket playing countries). lbwtrust.com.au
    Further details are in the flyer attached.
    These dinners always sell out in advance so please RSVP by Monday 10th June.

Getting behind a Goodes cause - Sydney AFL - SportingPulse

Hi everyone

Just a reminder about this dinner at NSW Parliament House on June 20. All are welcome - in fact we can fill 10 more tables than initially throught, so there is plenty of room.

Personally I kind of wish the champ would have a rest for his sanity's sake, after all the rubbish he has had to go through this week, but he is honouring his commitment. I really hope there is a big crowd there out in support.

This will be a very special night at a great location, Stephanie Brantz is a superb interviewer, and it will be fascinating I think to hear Goodes talk in a non-press conference, non-football setting.

PM me if you would like to attend, or book directly through LBW Trust: lbwtrust.com.au

$135 per head is steep, but not bad when you consider the panel!

Nondo

Any more takers for this event?

Richard Colless is bringing a table of Swans directors and Swans notables. It should be a unique and special evening for the Swans and AFL in Sydney.

Please PM me if you would like to grab a ticket or go through lbwtrust.com.au - the more the merrier.

Thanks

Nondo