While it's a bit quiet on this forum, thought now would be a good time to discuss where footy is at in our fine city.

I think the advent of divisions in 2009, while it divided opinions then and still does, it has given opportunities for growth not previously possible, with single team clubs a realistic chance of survival, as opposed to under the old UTS & Manly dominated SFA.

A few points to add, good and bad since 2009

• Manly and UTS rightly promoted to Premier Division, and more than proving their worth. Whether this is due to a weakening of the comp owing to NEAFL remains to be seen. But the Wolves are flying.

Growth and reduction of clubs - my own club fell on its arse HARD after making finals in Div 2, 4 and U18 2's. SHEagles losing an 18s team this year. Auburn going from 1 team, to 2, back to 1, up and down the divisions. Forfeits in Division 2 this year, I think 3 so far? But Randwick adding a team, 3rd grades at Parra, Moorebank, Penrith, Cronulla, Manly, Eagles.

Gosford joining the comp with 1 grade, I can't see them adding another just yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if teams from the Central West (probably only Bathurst) and South Coast FL put in a team or two, and we split to conferences. Just a thought.

That's all I can be assed writing just now, but the cans of worms is now open. Add your two cents.