Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mitchell to debut

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Tim Schmidt once collected mid 60s possessions in NEAFL. Great news though. Hope they start him and don't make him Sub
    To be fair, Tim was a decent player and could have had a solid career at seniors level if not hampered by injuries and cake.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Blog Entries
    I hope Tom has the foresight to tell Goodes that it wouldn't be the same debuting without our biggest star out on the ground.

Senior Player
    There's still time for Tom to collect 39 Brownlow votes. What are his odds at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    After the idiocy of the events this week it's nice to see a good news story. Tommy isn't a young gun he's a full on howitzer.

Never seen a player this young have the footy smarts that this kid has. Can't help keep finding the ball and then uses it so well it's scary. As long as his body cooperates we are going get many years of enjoyment watching him play. This is as excited as I've been about a youngster at the Swans.

No pressure though Tommy.
    I'm super excited as well. If the body holds up, he will be a cracking player for us, end of story I remember watching him for the first time last year in a ressies game. I had forgotten that he had finally got on the park, and spent 15 minutes bamboozled by the guy I didn't recognize. Then remembered I had my fixture card on me and checked who it was... and it clicked! He is an absolute ball magnet, uses the ball well and is a clever footballer. If he slots into midfield like we all know he will, we will have another beast in there to complement our already fantastic midfield group!

I expect that he will start as the sub tomorrow and probably only get a quarter or a quarter and a half, but I still can't wait to see his first steps in the big league!

I am so looking forward to tomorrow's game. After watching what we did last week to the Pies, I've got a good feeling about tomorrow. I have a feeling the reigning premiers are just beginning to awake from an early season slumber - and that spells trouble for the other 17 teams in the comp!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side
    Never seen a player this young have the footy smarts that this kid has.
    Hopefully he will be our answer to Jaeger O/Meara (GC Suns)...now he is one serious football player

I will settle for Tommy being as good as his dad
    Red and white till I die

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    To be fair, Tim was a decent player and could have had a solid career at seniors level if not hampered by injuries and cake.
    I saw Tim a year or two back at a Sydney AFL seminar. Certainly hadnt lost any of his hugability.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Anyone disappointed.

Wow is all I can say.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

He just looked so at home. He's a keeper Al!

Tom can play.
    Great addition to the team tonight.

Selectors tearing hair our.

Only 22 can play !

Blog Entries
    Anyone disappointed.

Wow is all I can say.
    Yes.

Back to the twos!!

Veterans List
    How lucky are we to have this bloke. He just oozes talent. I know Roos waxed lyrical about his clean hands but it was a very wet day and he didn't fumble. Get ready for some exciting Swans footy in the next couple of years.
    Imagine the headaches now for opposition coaches as we ramp up our midfield to another level.

Pretty much flawless. So impressed. So glad to have him.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast