Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Round 10 VS Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    great allround effortby most of team.still 2 duds (everitt,morton) to get rid of.something to look forward to after the bye,when shaw,mattner,reid and tippett
    play
    Both Everitt and Morton looked real good tonight. Not sure I'd call them duds.

We have an awesome midfield.. This week they kept hanners quiet. That meant Joey got away.. No opposition can keep all of them down.. The 2nd half of the season is looking very very good with some quality to come back or to debut for the side.. I am happy.

I agree with Cheer_Cheer on all points. I think Morton was quite good even though he didn't make much impact on the stats sheet. That is the point with this swans squad, the worst player in the team would get a run in every other team. Everitt was not perfect, but very reliable as a part of a back six which is getting very good. So our two "fringe" players were good and our debutant was outstanding. Such an outstanding team effort and just the kind of game I love to watch. A shame that Pyke didn't add to his contested marks, but it was not the night for contested marks and he got a few uncontested. I thought Pyke should have been given a few frees too.

It is amazing the difference a few games in a row can make. Rampe and Everitt were enthusiastic but not so great when they first came in but now both of them look really good. I think the extended squad (everyone who played today plus the 6 injured players) is a solid reliable unit now and I am feeling more confident like I will get a couple of finals at least to enjoy this year

I really hated seeing Walsh get injured, but this sort of thing happens, I hope he is back on the park soon.

Mal is just killing it at the moment and Macca is just making our back line a fortress
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

guess which 3 players made 6 tackles each tonight ?

I was surprised by two of them !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    guess which 3 players made 6 tackles each tonight ?

I was surprised by two of them !
    I was only surprised by 1.
    one does it regularly.
    The other one tried all night and laid some noticeable tackles.

Mitchell was one.. Who were the other 2 ?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    My guess is one of them was Jetta??

He was jumping tonight, even if conditions didn't suit

Hard to think of a more satisfying win. We played consistently well across four quarters, Goodes put the exclamation mark on his week from hell and Mitchell made the dream debut.

Everyone contributed, but McVeigh was awesome in the first half when the game was there to be won. Great to see Mummy back in town. Malceski got lots of possessions and the amazing efficiency of 79% - he should be under consideration for AA.

Apart from the awful-looking injury, I feel for Walsh because he was getting to the right places and looking like he could compete at that level.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

I thought that Walsh made a really solid start to the game and it was a real pity to see him injured. Previously i thought he hasn't looked comfortable at top level but tonight his start was all we could expect and would have been something to build on. Unfortunately the injury didn't look good and with Sam back and Tippet available good luck getting a game in the seniors when he recovers. However, one man's misfortune is often anothers opportunity and it didn't take long for Mitchell to show how good he is.

Also agree the fringe players are looking more settled and competent at the top level as they get more game time.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    We're a fascinating club aren't we

Given what Goodes did for McVeigh almost two years ago down at Geelong, it was as if Macca set himself to return the favour tonight.

Brilliant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Mitchell was one.. Who were the other 2 ?
    Jetta and Jack

All players laid at least one tackle tonight

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast