Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Round 10 VS Essendon

Senior Player
    I was a little frustrated for large parts of the game at the ground. But afterwards, felt it was a really good win! I think the frustration came from seeing that the much-vaunted Bombers looked really ordinary and wondering why we couldn't finish them off much sooner. There were a few poor decisions too, notably when Jetta ignored an invitation to sprint along the wing and instead just bombed a 70 m kick to nobody at all. A few wasted efforts like that. And a few too many handballs into the corridor to players with 3 opposition on them. But Jetta redeemed himself with the long bomb. And conditions were pretty poor out there.

Had not seen Mitchell play or heard that much about him until tonight. All I can say is - wow. More of him please. Just incredible for a first game. A shame for Walsh who was looking a lot better than his last outing. Pretty good effort from pretty much everyone in the end. Really like how the back line has steadied again, after having to adjust to new personnel. Where do we find these assured young defenders, AJ and now Rampe.

I'll be very happy if we can take Adelaide next week. And if the SCG provide more exits out of Bay 4 than the current one narrow corridor down 2 flights of narrow stairs. Took an age to get out!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Agree with those praising Everitt and Morton.

Everitt played a really good game out of the back pocket.

Morton creates opportunities...A must in any forward line.
    Everitt was very good & that's a few good'uns in a row he's produced. Much less convinced by Morton who should have had a day out last night, but was clumsy when he needed to be slick. I remain unconvinced.

As for Tom Mitchell, sigh....everything we could have hoped for. I think it was Huddo who said, while everyone has been waiting for Tippett to debut for the Swans, just maybe this kid is the real big story.

Tremendous effort from the boys, a real hard at it effort against a good side with plenty to pay for. A crucial win, that places us very nicely thanks very much for the second half of the season.

Warming the Bench
    The play of the night for me was the ball from Kennedy on the wing into space for Jetta to run onto which he then tapped forward to the pop up sprinkler. Collected it cleanly, took a quick look around and marched in with little pressure and drove it home.

Reminded me of that tap on to Hanners in the grand final.... We are cruising now ladies and gents. Fingers crossed the bye doesn't disrupt things too much.

Diesel is fine with me

Tommy instantly reminded me of Diesel or Sam Mitchell from the Hawks

they always look they have a stack of time with the ball to make great decisions

not many have it........>Scott Pendlebury is another just by angling their fakes they seem to get that time and space !!

great to watch !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Fantastic team effort. I was particularly impressed with the way we responded whenever the Bombers kicked a goal or two and tried to mount a comeback. No passengers, everyone played their role. Joey must have had the quietest 37 disposals in Swans history! I have no idea how they'll fit the returning players in when they're fit but it's a wonderful problem to have. Mitchell deserves all the praise coming his way too.

Hope Walsh is ok. The debut worked out well for the club and Mitchell but you don't like to see it happen under those circumstances.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678