Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7 missing this week ............yet we rise up AGAIN !!

7 missing this week ............yet we rise up AGAIN !!

Can you believe we had 7 of our best 22 missing tonight and 6 of them missing last week !!!!

1.Reid
    2.Rohan
    3.Tippett
    4.LRT
    5.Mattner
    6.Shaw
    7.AJ
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Blog Entries
    Not bad.
    Plus Tippett to come in a couple of weeks.

Blog Entries
    Not bad.
    Plus Tippett to come in a couple of weeks.

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    If all those guys could come back in one hit, who would have to be dropped??

A bloody hard decision, but here goes......

1 Mitchell
    2 Morton
    3 Lamb
    4 Walsh
    5 Bolton(I`m crying)
    6 Everitt
    7 ........can`t pick another one..

What a GREAT predicament we`re in..............................
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Don't think we'll see Rohan in the ones in 2013 and AJ is out for the year.

That leaves Reid, Shaw, LRT, Tippett and Marty to come back in before the finals and you'd think, if all were right, they would all be selected.

Outs are tough. From yesterday's team Walsh, Dre and Rampe would all be unlucky, the other two even unluckier. I think Morton will be great alongside Tippett and Reid - a natural complement - and should stay in. Mitchell needs games at this level to round him off. Must keep playing him. He could be a gun as soon as this year's finals with game time under his belt.

Bolton probably stays for his experience and by-example leadership. I don't really have the answer. Tough call for the match committee. Nice position to be in.

You'd have to say Walsh will be out for at least a few weeks - that hammy injury didn't look nice at all. But he would be out of the team if the outs were playing anyway.

I'd say Rampe, Morton, Lamb, Everitt and Mitchell would be the first back in Reserves and maybe Bird (even though I would have him in my 22 any day of the week).

yeh a few missing....we doin ok atm
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

the defensive moment that summed up our effort for me was when the Bombers mad a quick transition in the middle of the 2nd qtr that was looking like a goal all the way.......the Bombers kicked over the top after a few sets up hands

Enter T Richards

Ted ran back 30m at full speed to get a touch in.

It came back out for the Bombers who put a stray kick in at goal

Enter Smooch .............Smith then covered by flying thru sliding along the ground to put it thru for a behind instead of a certain 6pts

So yes they were great efforts but then Grundy ran from miles away to pick up the ball behind the goal sticks so Smith could push up ground with Grundy telling him clear out.......then Mal ran from no where to get there for the kick out and by that time Smith had already pushed up ground to be in the next contest !!!

The accountability and vision to move guys up field quickly for our counter attack was huge.......it lead to the ball moving up field quickly with a sling shot kick over the top to Goodes running 50m one on one with Hooker and tackling him over the boundary and allow us to march down field very quickly and then camp in their 50m

controlling the field position by setting the speed and kick return
    applying the pressure by pushing hard hard hard to stop a goal then rebound just as hard
    then 1 min later Goodes snaps a left foot at goal misses
    then a 1min after that Keiran come flying thru to push off his man and nail a 50m kick on the run for 6pts !

such a team effort and players knowing their role and then we finished the 2nd qtr bang bang with two more goals to distance ourselves by 18pts

Senior Player
    Everitt coralling Jetta including reading the attempted dummy-sell was one of the defensive highlights for me. Bought enough time for the defence to get back. That Drej is starting to look like he belongs gives me hope for our depth going forward.

last one

Did anyone see that hit that Tommy Mitchell put on Stanton in the 3rd qtr ?

big hit and stanton was a little dusty

also Tommy had run 50m after he had kicked the ball upfield to get to that contest and put one on Stanton

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    last one

Did anyone see that hit that Tommy Mitchell put on Stanton in the 3rd qtr ?

big hit and stanton was a little dusty

also Tommy had run 50m after he had kicked the ball upfield to get to that contest and put one on Stanton
    They did show a replay of it on the telecast.

alright I promise this is the last one

what about in the 3rd qtr when young Luke "manchild" Parker came thru and smashed Stanton..........Stanton was winded and the ball went thru ...........then the ball came back to Stantons feet when he was winded and none other Parker cam back thru and cleaned up Stanton again when going for the ball

Stanton didnt know which way to turn as he was sucking in the big ones !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast