Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paul Roos commentating our games

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)

Paul Roos commentating our games

Well neutral fans hate hearing Roos commentating Sydney games. What do we think about him commentating ours?

I love Roos for all he has done for us but i am finding him absolutely painful when commentating our games.
    It is blatantly biased and too boys club for my liking.
    It must be absolutely annoying to neutral supporters having a commentator constantly referring to our players by their nicknames (Goodesy, Pykey, Mcveighey..etc.) and talking non stop about what the Swans are doing well enthusiastically while not giving the opposition team anywhere near enough insight.

TBH i just find it completely cringeworthy and feel that Roos should be banned from commentating Swans games.

What do you think?
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

I would have to agree while personally I don't mind it as such and he does offer useful insights every now and then, but as a supporter of another club I would find his one-sidedness absolutely intolerable - ala BT against the Swans

Became very annoying and repetitive tonight.

Would have been ropeable as a Bombers supporter with his constant negativity.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    Well neutral fans hate hearing Roos commentating Sydney games. What do we think about him commentating ours?
    It must be absolutely annoying to neutral supporters having a commentator constantly referring to our players by their nicknames
    TBH i just find it completely cringeworthy and feel that Roos should be banned from commentating Swans games.
    What do you think?
    Sorry, I have to disagree. After listening to Eddie call Collingwood games & Bruce Macavaney call Crows games its nice to have some Swans loving bias for a a change.

My dream commentary team would be Roosey, Bobby Skilton & Troy Luff in the box with Brad Seymour offering boundary line comments & Neil Cordy giving post match interviews!

Senior Player
    On the nicknames thing he does that with everyone (eg Browny for the Lions). Bit partial though.

Don't really mind all that much.

What I do mind is that Roos says Essadon

That I find unbearable - there's an 'n' in there......

Pronunciation is kind of one of those important things as a commentator I'd guess...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Don't really mind all that much.

What I do mind is that Roos says Essadon

That I find unbearable - there's an 'n' in there......

Pronunciation is kind of one of those important things as a commentator I'd guess...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Sorry, I have to disagree. After listening to Eddie call Collingwood games & Bruce Macavaney call Crows games its nice to have some Swans loving bias for a a change.

My dream commentary team would be Roosey, Bobby Skilton & Troy Luff in the box with Brad Seymour offering boundary line comments & Neil Cordy giving post match interviews!
    No Gerard Healy? I love him!

To b honest, Roosey annoys the crap out of me. On and on and on and on. Not calling the game, just never shuts up. Why the official callers don't stop him is any ones guess. Wish he would stop. Or someone reigns him in. Please.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    No Gerard Healy? I love him!
    Oh yeah! Skilts, Healy, Roos in the booth. Luffy & David Murphy special comments. Hally & Kirky post match interviews on the ground; Cordy change room interviews

for so many years I sick of the guys just going on and on and on about the Hawks of the Cats

The fascination with Dane Swan at the Pies or Jobe watson at the bombers also !

give it to them Paul - time to turn the tables !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I'm with you Prim. I just wish he'd shut up for a bit now and then.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast