Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jesse White vs the Crows

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    membrey is exciting but i dont know if he is fit enough to go with an experienced Key defender all game in Snrs

i could be wrong but appears to struggle on pressure defence and leading all game
    Jesse struggles with pressure and applying pressure. In the highlights of the ressies, Membrey looks so much like BBBBH from behind.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

On the veteran's list
    What's with these duplicate posts????
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Don't know.
    but I'm spending a lot of time deleting them.

Blog Entries
    Don't know.

Jesse will come in Have alook at the Crows defence and see why he needs to come in. They have Truck, Talia, Shaw and Smith (not a bad winery that) all over 193 cm. If we kick high into that lot we'd be in trouble without another tall. Morton is not tall enough. Shaw & Smith are both quite fast and athletic, a little like AJ except not as good. We will need Jesse to step up and I think he just might

- - - Updated - - -

Jesse will come in Have alook at the Crows defence and see why he needs to come in. They have Truck, Talia, Shaw and Smith (not a bad winery that) all over 193 cm. If we kick high into that lot we'd be in trouble without another tall. Morton is not tall enough. Shaw & Smith are both quite fast and athletic, a little like AJ except not as good. We will need Jesse to step up and I think he just might

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Don't know.
    Don't know.
    Could be spending more time.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know.
    Don't know.
    Could be spending more time.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    When I posted recently, a message told me that I had to wait 30 seconds before posting. I figured that there was a bug, so just went back to the board and sure enough, my post was there. I wonder if some people are waiting and then submitting again, leading to duplicates.

EDIT: Ah, there seems to be a new, second bug which duplicates content inside the same post...

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I believe Shaw is out injured and Andy Otten is playing on the 3rd tall these days. Only Talia is over 193 cm.

If White comes in, Truck will almost certainly take him and probably do a pretty good job on him. Otherwise, Truck will probably have to cover our resting Ruckman, leaving Talia on Goodes and Otten on Morton. I'm okay with that. Aside from Truck and Reilly, they're a fairly inexperienced lot back there. Not to say they're bad, but I think they can be rattled. Reilly is way below his good form of last year.

I think it will be difficult to try to stretch them with talls given our current state of injuries and a better strategy would be to stretch them with lots of quick smaller goalkickers.

I'm backing Goodes to do a lot of damage whatever we go with.

I have a few theories while we're waiting for the bye and the recovery/release of some of our talls. I don't believe Jesse White brings enough to the table when he plays. I feel his strength lies primarily in his ability to take a contested mark against inferior opposition, he does not have great ball getting skills, nor the endurance of Reid to work up the ground and finally lacks the will to consistently perform the 1%ers that distinguish both Mumford and Pyke's play as on ballers. This means he must play as the marking forward in the goal square, a role already being amirably performed by the dynamic duo with cameos from Goodes and Morton. This to me means there is no place for him in the team balance. So what's left?

Watching Membury regularly in reserves he doesn't get enough ball, runs to the wrong places and seems to lack fitness at the present time. He needs more time to feel his way. He will get better and can mark and kick goals but against quality would be out of his depth and although I rate the best tall forward (Jesse aside) there is no need to cruel him just yet.

With Pyke, Mumford, Kennedy, Goodes and Everitt we have enough talls at present to present for the long bomb in, take the occassional contested grab and bring the ball to ground to accomodate the type of game that can beat the Adelaide back 6.

Our tall forwards did not regularly kick bags of goals last year and have not this year. Our game is built around our midfield pressure and release to outside run. Ben McGlynn, Jude and others have provided the hit up targets and their vision and our running power have allowed uncontested possessions further downfield. I believe Jed Lamb is another player that can play this hit up role and quick release, he does it every week in reserve grade. He did little wrong when he came into the team and deserves another oppourtunity.

My concerns are around leg injuries to both Jetta and Goodes sustained Saturday night. Goodes was definitely favouring his right knee and did not kick with his natural leg after about the 15 min mark of the 3rd, perhasps even before. Jetta seemed to be limping noticeable after 1/2 time on the big Adelaide oval both of these guys are critical to our team structure as was evidenced last year during the finals. Goodes is irreplaceable and Jetta is starting to regain form albeit later in games.
    Last edited by ScottH; 5th June 2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: removed double post

With the midfield in the form they're in, and the bye one week away, I'm thinking Jesse is the footy version of the cricketing nightwatchman. He just has to get in Rutten's way for a couple of hours and not fall over.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

agree with the last comment, without doubt we have the deepest and best midfield in the competition..once we get Sam and Tippett in tandem after the bye upfront the swans are going to look scary good..don't think it really matters against the crows,,we will dominate in the midfield and kick enough through them to win..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12