Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 11 v Crows.

The change I'd like to see, on a regular basis, is Bolton as the sub.

He could come in early, if there was an injury, and play his usual role.

Or coming in late, his experience would be great, particularly in a tight game.

If he was subbed regularly (ie every 2nd or third week) it would help his longevity no end...And a fresh Jude come finals would be a bonus.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Yeah, the dogs have been using giaseracusa as the sub

Round 11 ins and outs?

The only obvious one would probably be Walsh out, White in?
    Hope White can kick a few goals if he comes in.
    Also hope Mitchell stays in and gets a full game? That'll be great too see.
    Although sadly he'll probably start as sub again.
    Thoughts?

Hey Jetts there is already a thread..."changes round 11"...Put your 2 cents worth in there.

BTW, agree White will almost certainly come in...like it or not....I think Mitchell might get a start this week...

Horse said as much today.

As for sub...who knows.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Thanks! Didn't see it!

Some of you guys are a bit harsh on White, in the one game he played he did better than Walsh in a game and a quarter.
    You'd think we need a tall down there, otherwise why would recruit Tippet if you're fine going small? Haha

Adelaide have done well covering tall forwards. In the Hawthorne game, Roughhead kicked 1 while Buddy and Hale went goalless. In the North Melbourne game only 3 of the 19 goals were kicked by KKPs, Lindsay Thomas kicking 5. They are more vulnerable to smaller players, while Rutten and Talia seem to do okay against bigger opponents. Their back 6 haven't played a lot of footy together, so if you can cause of bit of chaos near their goal, they seem lose the plot with the coverage.

They have a history of problems covering Goodes, who has kicked plenty of goals against them recently, so having him going forward is not a detriment. I would bring Lamb into the side and play him as a small forward, along with Benny and Morto, we'd have 3 small forwards with a good sense for goal. Maybe Jude as the sub, because I'd prefer seeing both Mitchell and Lamb get full games.

I know White seems the natural replacement for Walsh, but we did fine when Mitchell replaced Walsh, without any drop off in our scoring power.

My half-serious suggestion:

In: Jesse White, Dean Towers (pick 22).
    Out: Tommy Walsh (inj), Jude Bolton (rest)

Rationale: Jesse in for Tommy, Dean for experience and outside speed. But mainly to show the #$%^ing Crows what might have been had they not refused our generosity.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Outs. Walsh inj.
    Ins. Shaw or Mattner or LRT or anyone but White!
    Every one of those players mentioned is still injured. Rhyce has injured his groin again. Absolutely no hanky panky Rhyce. Marty has had a set back and LRt hasn't started running yet either. Bad luck you get Jesse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if Incy is pushed up forward if one of our backs who has been injured makes the game

I just cant see Tom Mitchell dropped even though we have the choice from 7 regulars of our 22 that will bit by bit come back

Mal and macca will stay just where they are as they have been sensational. Mal 29, Macca 34 off the half back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    The injury/unavailability toll on our KPP's is getting ridiculous, AJ, DirtyKurt, Walsh, LRT, Sammy.

Although I suspect we won't do so, if we did decide to replace Walsh with a tall, our choices are currently Lockyer, Membrey (both of whom have showed talent in the 2's) and dare I say it . . . . Jessie!

Speaking of underwhelming players, and in view of my disdain for his earlier efforts, I think in all fairness I should acknowledge how well 'Dre is doing as a 3rd tall defender. Well done!

As for this week, I suspect we'll go small, and bring back Lamb.
    Neither Membrey or Lockyer are ready yet. Membrey didn't cope too well against really strong opposition like the Lions. Lockyer has only now found his feet and is playing well. Neither is ready for seniors footy. Xav Richards is more ready than either and he is only a rookie.

The only change will be White in for Walsh.

I think it's important for our structure that we have a tall target a CHF to compliment, Goodes and he resting ruckman.

I don't expect much from Jesse, but if he can provide a contest, it enables our midfielders to get to more contests in the forward half and kick goals.

I'd rather Jesse share the ruck role more and free up Pyke, and to a lesser extent Mummy to spend more time forward. Both are a thousand ones more likely to clunk a mark than he is.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I'm hearing there may be an out-of-the-box name in the team tonight. Could just be the emergency though.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast