Thread: Half Year - Rookie upgrade - Free upgrade

Pushing for Selection

Half Year - Rookie upgrade - Free upgrade

With the Half yearly free Rookie upgrade due - who - if anyone gets upgraded??
    Rampe is already upgraded

Biggs
    B. Jack
    Lloyd
    Naismith
    X.Richards
    Robinson

Who gets picked ??

Question for the Reserve watchers.

lloyd has probably been the pick of the bunch over the course of the year.

Senior Player
    Lloyd unless, god forbid, we need to fill a position with Richards or Naismith. Jack could probably also step up but he's not a player we're likely to need.

We'll wait and see who we need. Lloyd is the most "senior ready", but we've got a fair bit of midfield depth already. We don't have much in the way of key defenders, and X's ressies form has been very good of late, so if he keeps it up and we see more injuries down back, you never know.

But yeah, Lloyd is the most likely.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

I'd love to see Kizza's little brother get upgraded.

Sounds like a very nippy little small forward. Good pace, quick hands and if he can get his kicking right could be a very good pressure small forward.

Him and Membrey will be two stars out of the ressies IMO.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Do we have to upgrade someone? My understanding is that the swans are happy to have empty slots on the list and won't upgrade anyone unless they are absolutely demanding it by their ressies performances.

One vote for Lloyd. He is amazing to watch. Good disposal, fast and although he is slight, is very impressive

nah, u dont have to upgrade anyone. correct if i'm wrong but i havent seen anyone get upgraded midyear for the last few years

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Do we have to upgrade someone? My understanding is that the swans are happy to have empty slots on the list and won't upgrade anyone unless they are absolutely demanding it by their ressies performances.
    You wouldn't do it unless you needed them. I think they add to cap spending once upgraded.

Not one of them. Their bodies are not ready. Simple as that.

However, if the powers that be are looking to upgrade one player I would imagine it would be Lloyd. Even so, I think he is a year away.
    Biggs is hammering on the door too, but as above, not yet.
    Naismith is 3 years away, but I am fairly sure we will see him in the system.
    Mad as cut snakes if X and BJ don't get upgraded next year. Their natural abilities are top end, and are improving each week.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Robinson in the mix either. He started on a lower platform, but has worked his way up to equal at least, that means an expedential rise.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Pushing for Selection
    So, is there an expiry date to these upgrades that are available - my reckoning is that there may be 3 in total.

One being used for Rampe - 1 free upgrade & 1 for the recent LTI to Walsh.

So, if there is 2 available - can they be used up to and including Finals ??
    Or is there an expiry date on them ??

With Marty's retirement, does that give us another one extra?

Also, can anyone explain the whole point of doing a mid-season upgrade? I don't understand the rules, or even the point. If we needed one of these reserves not currently on the seniors list to play in the seniors can't we just change their status at that time? What is the benefit of doing an upgrade now?
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."