Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our Forward Line Depth and future Sucess

As i Said with the proper opportunity he could be a good player. He proved that today with 3.1, a few score involvements and some good play around the ball. Hopefully gets another crack in 2 weeks

pr. dim-melb; m not f

Jesse White: a view from Adelaide

The irony of the situation was not lost on the locals:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/...-1226660610565
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Draft Scout
    Unfortunately Jesse will go need to go elsewhere, good news for Swans is the stocks have gone up
    Staying ahead of the game...

On the Rookie List
    Jesse kicked that fantastic goal from right in front of me. His value in the market will have shot up, no doubt, a great result for the big fella. He also used his body much more tonight to shepherd and block for team mates. And when Mummy was subbed out he was rucking to help out Pike. All of a sudden he is Mr. Versatile. Also have to make mention of two great marks taken by Luke Parker one also, right in front of me, when he was being tightly marked by Scott Thompson who is no slouch.

On the Rookie List
    Just gotta see how the rest of the year plays out. White has clearly made a decision to work harder and show unrelenting determination, and if there was any way we could keep him, I hope that we would. However I would think that $-wise a team like Brisbane would put more on the table than we would. The irony now is that for all his hard work, his fate now depends on luck, with injuries to KPPs the only thing likely to guarantee that he's a permanent fixture.

I really enjoyed watching him play though. It was as though he was our regular big forward. I wonder what would've happened if we had put equal time, effort and game time into White and Reid.

- - - Updated - - -

Just gotta see how the rest of the year plays out. White has clearly made a decision to work harder and show unrelenting determination, and if there was any way we could keep him, I hope that we would. However I would think that $-wise a team like Brisbane would put more on the table than we would. The irony now is that for all his hard work, his fate now depends on luck, with injuries to KPPs the only thing likely to guarantee that he's a permanent fixture.

I really enjoyed watching him play though. It was as though he was our regular big forward. I wonder what would've happened if we had put equal time, effort and game time into White and Reid.

Sydney have shown in the past that they are prepared to let players go to seek better opportunities when they are not guaranteed a spot in the seniors. I guess somewhere down the line it may bite us on the ass, but it's that attitude of doing not only what is best for the club but trying to look after players who have given good service to the club but not quite cemented their spot a chance to blossom elsewhere.

It's what makes our club great and I have no doubt it helps when it comes to negotiating with players and their managers who know that the Swans aren't just in there to stitch somebody up and all their dealings are fair and honest...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I still think there is room for Tippett, Reid and White in the forward line especially with the TIP or Jesse rotating thru the ruck with mike or Mummy !

Goodes can still play half the game as a HFF or midfield if the others are playing very well !

- - - Updated - - -

I still think there is room for Tippett, Reid and White in the forward line especially with the TIP or Jesse rotating thru the ruck with mike or Mummy !

Goodes can still play half the game as a HFF or midfield if the others are playing very well !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

On the Rookie List
    AG who would you drop though? I'm not prepared to drop Morton.

It will be interesting to see how the likely combination of Pyke, Tippett, White and Morton work out in 2 weeks time, and then what happens when Reid and Mummy return.

I really hope we can keep White.. Pyke doesn't have that many years left unfortunately.. Mummy may leave and seems to be injury prone.. If both Pyke and Mummy were out at the same time we would be thanking our lucky stars to have White as backup.. I think letting him go would be a decision we would regret..

interesting isnt it because four weeks ago we were moaning about the forward line.

i do think morton improves the forward line immensely.

Still haven't lost a game with Morton in the starting line up

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast