Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
There was one piece of play in the first quarter which absolutely blew my mind. He took a mark on our half back flank, gave an ill-advised hospital handball to a running Malceski who spilled the ball under pressure from van Berlo. As the ball is lying on the deck, suddenly you see this red and white flash zoom in from the right of screen, dives on the ball and in one fell swoop got a handball to ROK for a clearing kick.

The speed at which the whole incident happened was so quick I don't think any other player from either side even realized what was going on.
Agreed. When I saw that, I turned to the guys I was watching with and said, "Woah, Mitchell, did you see that?" It was brilliant because, yes, he hesitated, which meant his handball was that fraction too late and the ball went loose. But rather than put his head down, he sprinted to the pack and cannonballed through, which is impressive enough, but the fact that he took the ball cleanly, twisted, and passed off perfectly to the one teammate who was clear, all in a single motion, was simply incredible.

It was a truly fantastic piece of play that demonstrated concentration, speed, strength, bravery, and skill, all wrapped up in one. If he'd only done that one thing the entire game, I'd still be happy with him.