Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mumford reportedly out a month with cracked cheekbone.

Mumford reportedly out a month with cracked cheekbone.

Looks like big Kurt may be doing some ruck work! or will Jesse get another game!

Lucky we have depth ... we're going through so many injuries

On the Rookie List
    At least with this injury Mummy can stay fit and up with skill training.

That's three weeks in a row we've lost a tall. I guess it spares Longmire from the proverbial 'pleasant headache' against Port.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veteran Site Admin
    I presume this happened in the clash with Petrenko, which caused damage to Petrenko's shoulder. Has anyone actually seen any footage of the clash? On the footage I've seen it just shows Petrenko moving out of frame before the collision. It certainly seemed to be at the instigation of Petrenko and if Mummy has a cracked cheekbone, there must have been some reasonably forceful high contact.

Petrenko that silly goose. I loved it how he came off second best and the little @@@@@@ was on the bench struggling. We're gonna miss Mummy, as I've said previously, with him out as the number 1 ruckman we struggle around the contests. Worried about his contract status aswell.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Mummy must have chased a black cat under a ladder or something if it is true. He just gets to play a few games and starts to find a bit of form and then goes down again with a different injury. He had a tough and frustrating season last year (apart from playing in a premiership team!) and now this. At his best he is a great asset to our team, how much so we tend to forget because it is so long since we have seen him at his best. Maybe he could play on with a helmet or face guard on!

He is only 26 (I think) so we really, really need to keep him. If Mal can bounce back after three knee reconstructions, Mummy can surely bounce back to his best eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I presume this happened in the clash with Petrenko, which caused damage to Petrenko's shoulder. Has anyone actually seen any footage of the clash? On the footage I've seen it just shows Petrenko moving out of frame before the collision. It certainly seemed to be at the instigation of Petrenko and if Mummy has a cracked cheekbone, there must have been some reasonably forceful high contact.
    I took another look at the video and it seems that Petrenko's shoulder went into Mummy's chest but his head slammed into Mummy's face as well, which seems to have caused the damage.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems that we are losing a tall player every week these days. It's not great, but not a total disaster.

With Mummy out for a couple of games it gives White a real opportunity to back up his performance against the Crows. I doubt if he will be dropped even if Tippett comes in. There has to be some doubt about Tippett's game fitness and would expect that White will be the backup Ruckman, at least until Tippett finds his feet as a forward.

I had all but given up hope with Jesse, but he looked pretty good out there on Saturday. If we could feel confident that Jesse has turned the corner, we may be willing to let Mummy go if we can't reach an agreement on a new contract. He would be quite valuable on the trade market. But this is all contingent on Jesse continuing on from his good work over the weekend.

Mummy had a good game against Essendon, and was probably a bit down on Saturday due to his cheekbone fracture, but nonetheless has looked a bit stiff for quite a long time. I don't think things are quite right with his back and he seems to be injury prone as well. Mummy at his best is a terrific ruckman, but it's not that often that we see Mummy at his best these days. You would have to think he's a bit of a risk going into the future.

For all of Jesse's shortcomings he's rarely been injured, and if he can put it all together can be quite a formidable KPP ruckman.

I am looking forward to seeing how things pan out over the next few weeks. One think I don't want to see is another injury, especially to one of our KPPs.

Gah, such a pity too, he has looked fitter and fitter each round and finding form!

I imagine White would share the ruck duties with Pyke, while Tippett plays predominately forward and builds up his match fitness!

Petrenko left the ground leading with his shoulder. His shoulder hit Mummy in the chest/ arm area.

On impact he got a sort of sideways whip lash, and his head cannoned onto Mummy's face.

Mummy was filthy about the incident and can be seen cursing him out.

He continued cursing, when they went off at the next break, as he explained to a teammate what had happened.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    It's been picked up by the tribunal. "Crow blow to be scrutinised" - in The Age print edition, not yet online.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast