Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Whitey

He took 7 marks yesterday, more than any other Swans, and 2 of the Swans' 8 contested marks.

Would be ironic if White has a better season than Tippett.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Just wild about Harry
    Dont get me wrong, I love watching Jesse play and he is a hulk of a man - at one stage he was bending over facing towards the camera and I couldnt help but comment about his anvil shoulders. He took a couple of fantastic marks on the weekend, which I loved. He kicks straight and is a great team man. However, there was one occasion at least where he was in a contested contest and didnt try to put any body on his opponent, with that frame he should have edged him out and taken the mark.
    i reiterate, I LOVE watching Jesse at his best, but his best is too infrequent to have me that excited. He has 10x the skill of Walsh but Walsh is prepared to try to physically intimidate, which is what the coaches are looking for in that position.
    And by the way, I didnt realise that being a goold bloke means that you deserve to play AFL.

Lets hope the damage to Mummy gives Jesse the opportunity to string some games together and give himself the springboard into seniors. And to thumb his nose at Adelaide for being so damned short sighted.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Happy and I know it
    I still think a major weakness in White's game is his awareness and anticipation. He often can't read the play like other players can.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

The "ten thousand hour rule" is once again starting to look like it exists

Jesse is starting to come up on the 10,000hrs - I am still excited for him !!!

Who knows he may actually make it in the end and Reid ends up as a our key back ?

that would be a little strange

.........sort of like a Blue Sun Rise !!

Sunrise from Space (HD) - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

or maybe it doesnt exist

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20121114-gladwells-10000-hour-rule-myth ??
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

More games or game time = confidence!

Needs to feel part of the team!

getting there and agree played well on the weekend

Rod_

With Mumford out for a month, he has a chance to string some good games together. It's fair to say this will probably be the last chance of his career. Here's hoping he takes it, if for no other reason than it helps him find another club next year.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

On the Rookie List
    OK I was going to start a new thread about Swans look-a-likes for a bit of entertainment over the bye, but I might as well just post a Jesse White look-a-like here.

This guy is an American actor (Texas Chainsaw Massacre): Eric Balfour - IMDb

The likeness is even more amazing because White has a very unique look. This actor is really tall too.

I would like to say that first off I admire the fact that despite limited opportunities, white was able to make such a strong contribution last week.
    I believe his issues are that unlike the majority of players his best and worst games are to close together.
    This year against hawthorn his inability to affect contests and get possessions for himself or those around was in stark contrast to Saturday's match where because he was not required to do ruck duties he was able to play out of the goal square and lead up the ground. A task he performed well. For probably the first time in my memory he also did the 1%ers that have been so lacking in his game.

He made 2nd and 3rd efforts when he didn't take the mark, he made shepherds and passed the ball off to those in better positions. He chased and made tackles. Contrast this game with his efforts in the hawthorn game and you get a picture of what frustrates and annoys supporters who wish him well.

Like others, I'm really happy for Jesse that he had such a great game. Used his athleticism well and made an impact - probably the best game I have seen him play, and one of his most physical. I really hope this is his "breakout game" and that he can build some more fantastic games on this. He still has plenty of time - look at Pods, for example.

Like Dosser, I'd still like to see him "bustle" a bit more. That's what I loved about his goal on the run. Not just the speed and finish, but the way he worked the opposition player off the ball. More please!! I wonder if his problem is that he's too nice and worried about unfairly infringing. There was one moment where he was chasing an Adelaide player who was about to take possession of the ball, and Jesse just held his arms out waiting for him to pick it up so he could tackle him. The tackle was good, but I'd prefer to see him work the player off the ball. I'd be happy if he gave away a couple of frees per game if he did that a bit more.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    OK I was going to start a new thread about Swans look-a-likes for a bit of entertainment over the bye, but I might as well just post a Jesse White look-a-like here.

This guy is an American actor (Texas Chainsaw Massacre): Eric Balfour - IMDb

The likeness is even more amazing because White has a very unique look. This actor is really tall too.
    Remarkable likeness!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I would like to thank the coach who embedded some self belief into Jesse, and other fringe players. Being believed in makes a big difference, and we can see it in Jesse. The mantra that even if you have a lousy game you can still contribute to the team looks to be taking hold.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast