Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Big Whitey

Hooray....the new Paul Bevan....this divisiveness has been missing for a while
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

White worked hard, competed as well as any of the other tall blokes at contests on a water saturated ground. Many others out there deserve more bitching for that days effort.

He had plenty of mates. Jesse White was not the reason we lost the game.

Turning up with the wrong mindset and just expecting to do the business is the reason we lost.

Bit of publicity reading over the break I suspect.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Up until recently, I've held up hope for both White and Armstrong. But unfortunately, neither show anything when the heat is on.

I would contend, from what I've seen of them both....Neither is likely to give a yelp in a hotly contested final.

I'm not basing this on last weekends game, but rather all their 1st grade AFL games as Swans.

Both have had good patches, but it's never when the heat is on.

Armstrong has excellent disposal skills, but when under pressure he wilts.

Jesse has all the tools, but only uses them occasionally....

Here's hoping he has an 'on game' this Friday....And there in lies the problem.
    Last edited by ernie koala; 24th June 2013 at 02:32 PM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I can never understand why Armstrong is not considered as a half forward flanker, rather than a defender.

I reckon Armstrong played very well against Essendon and Geelong last year. He was pretty solid in NZ against St.Kilda this year too. Unfortunately he hasn't been consistent. It's worth considering that his first game for a while coincided with the first time our midfield has been beaten for a month or more.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    He's had a reasonable game when we were crushed by Hawthorn. He played very well against Adelaide followed by a quiet game in conditions that didn't suit tall forwards. I don't think that justifies a crucification. I think it's quite reasonable to give him another go, especially considering that Mummy is out with injury and out of contract this year.
    I called him a downhill skier last week and copped some criticism for it but I think your post points out exactly where I'm coming from, except we view his game against Hawthorn a tad differently.
    Yes, he was not the reason we lost on Saturday and no I don't believe the result would have been any different if he had not been in the team, but using the wet ground is no good for big fellas defense is crap, he was beaten in nearly every category by Tippett.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    1. Reid if he's fit
    2. Tippett.

and I reckon the chance of Mummy going is very unlikely.
    Reid may not be fit and IMO it is a waste of a class (and expensive) power-forward to use Tippett in the ruck.

White will be around for a while. Let's just see if he can string some solid games together.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789