Thread: For the third week in a row...

For the third week in a row...

For the third week in a row I've gone out of my way to make sure I catch all the footy shows.

We've gone from barely rating a mention after a win, to being the talk of the town.
    What a nice change.

And the reason is obvious.
    The game against Adelaide was probably the most enjoyable game I can remember seeing the Swans play.
    Not because we won, or because of the margin, or even because we have done a 360 with our game plan (from the days of the 2005 Demetriou comments), but because of the way we are playing.

Every game lately has been played as if our lives depended on it, and Saturday night's game took it up a level, for a prolonged time.
    I doubt anyone could have done much about the Swans in that game, and I was just smiling through the whole game, particularly the 2nd & 3rd quarters.

All the hard work over the last 10 years breeding and culture and the importance of fulfilling a role seems to be coming to fruition, and the best bit is that what is set in place will keep us in good stead for years to come.

2005 GF was exciting, so was last years, and there have been many exciting and exhilarating games along the way, but the Crows game was the only one I can remember where I was in awe of the team.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    Don't know if many people are reading the new Guardian Australian edition, but their AFL writing is not bad so far. Wanted to share this quote about the Adelaide game:

It wasn?t just that Sydney beat Adelaide. They took a team still nursing finals ambitions and ran them through a dream-destroying machine called the Swans midfield.

the AFL writing is excellent on the new guardian website, very impressed by it.

And its true- our midfield, when on song can rip any other team's midfield apart and spit them out like a chicken bone. The only team that I really fear in that aspect is Geelong, and in that case, its more a matter of us getting our tactics right (i.e. not letting them get lots of spare men in advance of the ball because we push to far forward). I know Hawthorn beat us comprehensively earlier in the year, but at full strength we have enough outside pace to really pressure them I feel (as we did in the GF), and Freo did well against us earlier in the year, but for 3 quarters we were the better team in that one as well.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I've been watching them all too, and its silly, but I preferred flying under the radar.

Flying under the radar has it use, when we've played like we did the last few years.
    But that's all over if we continue to play like we did, and I've gotta say, that as a supporter, I'm surprised with the amount of enjoyment I'm getting from it.
    We're playing like I had wished we played every time I saw a Geelong or Brisbane dismantle a team.
    Although I've probably just put a massive jinx on it lol
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.