Thread: Tippet Doco on FOX on Saturday

Blog Entries

Tippet Doco on FOX on Saturday

KURT Tippett has revealed it was the bout of concussions which sidelined him for four games towards the end of last season which prompted him to evaluate his life and led to his decision to join Sydney.

As his debut for the Swans approaches, Tippett has opened up about his departure from Adelaide and his new life in Sydney in a short documentary that will screen on Fox Sports on Saturday night.
    No Cookies | Herald Sun

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I would be advising Crows fans not to watch it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    I would be advising Crows fans not to watch it

Thought the same.

Haha! If you really want to annoy Crow fans, tell them Tippett wasn't even our first choice! That the AFL already knew about the secret trade deal, Tippett was always going to cop 6 months and Swans were approached because HQ thought we could ride it out better than Gold Coast. When Kinnear asked "What's in it for us?", tell them we were guaranteed Tippo for zero draft picks with an upgrade to boot.

Oh, and Adelaide's $300,000 fine also helped pay for Kurt's COLA.

Quote Originally Posted by swanwolf View Post
    Haha! If you really want to annoy Crow fans, tell them Tippett wasn't even our first choice! That the AFL already knew about the secret trade deal, Tippett was always going to cop 6 months and Swans were approached because HQ thought we could ride it out better than Gold Coast. When Kinnear asked "What's in it for us?", tell them we were guaranteed Tippo for zero draft picks with an upgrade to boot.

Oh, and Adelaide's $300,000 fine also helped pay for Kurt's COLA.

Now that is the sort of conspiracy theory Adeladians are so good at. Lindy Chamberlain, the Family, Mike Wran's partner, Don Dunstan have all have had intricate conspiracy theories about them. It is an Adelaide pastime, the rumour mill capital of Australia. Yes Adelaide should be the centre of the film industry in Australia, our Holiwood, we could call it Dollywood after Dolly Dunstan. The rumour mill is there already it just needs the drama.

To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

On the Rookie List
    Does anyone know where I can view this doc online?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Does anyone know where I can view this doc online?
    To be honest, it wasn't great viewing...

He comes across as a pretty genuine fella, uncomplicated. He seemed bemused by the saga he was embroiled in.

Like all footballers, he just wants to get out on the paddock and play.

I've got no doubt he'll give his best for the club...and be a success.

But I don't think it was a well put together story, no depth, very little background. I didn't learn anything I didn't already know....

And the diving into the surf bit, at the end, was a little cringeworthy for mine.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Did you notice what both he and Inglis were wearing? It came across as a fairly thinly disguised advertorial for a certain brand of sportswear that I won't name as that would be doing exactly what they want. There was no way a piece under those circumstances was going to break any new ground. Having said that, it was inoffensive viewing and KT comes across well enough.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph