Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paul Roos to Coach Demons in 2014

He's certainly softened his position, to...."not at THIS moment"...ie: I'll wait and see what's on offer.... Typical Roos double speak.

Like others, I wouldn't discount the Lions Job. Which looks like it will,, almost certainly, be open by seasons end. The Fitzroy connection, and a way better list to work with.

The Demons lure is to come in as the Messiah and lead them to the the promised land.

And thereby cement himself a spot in history, up with the great coaches....But it will be a hard slog, with no guarantee of success.

As an earlier poster said, anything would be better than listening to his commentary.
    Last edited by ernie koala; 20th June 2013 at 11:53 AM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

If Roosy coaches again it will be the Lions,his connection to Lynch and co up there to me make that the logical option along with the fact he was of course a favourite son of Fitzroy.
    Last edited by On-Baller; 20th June 2013 at 07:16 PM.

I would not mind seeing Roos coaching the Dees. Could be exactly the thing they need to get back on track. It would be paying them back for Barassi, who did so much good for us!
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Roos should coach the lions after voss in 2014/15

I'd like to see him at Melbourne. They ned to be a successful club. I reckon he would relish the challenge.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Was speaking with Jason Ball yesterday ( a friend of mines son plays footy with Jasons son, as does John Blakeys son- who looks like he'll be a gun),

he says Roos will coach again...but it won't be Melbourne.....It'll be Brisbane!
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Well , watching him OTC again tonight, I reckon he knows very clearly what a phenomenal workload it is to coach and what pressure it places on the family and he and Tami just want to be be there for the boys as much as possible during what can be difficult years for young people .
    So he's just not ready yet, may never be ready. Coaching actually sucks, but maybe one day... I'll have another crack, but I doubt it.

HP

Funny how things move on. I am sure this same sort of thread was around a few years ago (ie paul roos coaching elswehere) and all and sundry thought it would be downright treason.

Now we are comfortable that Longmire is a more than capable replacement , the responses seem quite calm, even downright encouraging.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123