Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Open Mike - Warwick Capper

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    I liked the interview - I was touched that he said that the Swans winning the 2005 GF was one of the highlights of his footy life, and I thought that Mike looked a bit surprised at that.
    I thought the whole interview was genuine (in a Capper sort of way) but agree this was a facade-less revelation. The other moment of no-antics recall was his obvious sense of injustice at not being included in the Swans Team of the Century. He appeared genuinely hurt at the omission.

IMHO, he should have been on the bench at least. It would have been a tough decision on who he replaced but he would have been sensational at the end of the service the rest of that squad could've dished up.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I'm with you there. I thought it was one of the few moments he dropped the facade and we got to see a glimpse of the real Capper.
    Agree.

Couldn't believe Sheahan didn't ask him about returning to the Swans in 1991. Kicked 38 goals in that season from 13 games and I believe he got dropped a couple of times.

Retired at 28. Makes you wonder how he'd be remembered if he'd stayed a Swan.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    you wonder how he'd be remembered if he'd stayed a Swan.
    He still has his name in both the record books and in the lockers - can't take that away from him.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...208-328qw.html

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/capper-has-his-highs-and-lows-20140208-328qw.html
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123