Thread: Swans v Carlton tickets

On the Rookie List

Swans v Carlton tickets

Is this match sold out? I can't get GA tickets. Trying to buy at least 3 tickets. I usually like to sit along the wing somewhere.

Sold out?

apart from the grand final , this is the game this season I just want us to belt them , not because of the blues particularly but because of maltmouth and him gobbing off how last season we weren't a top 4 team..hope the boys have locked that in the memory for this clash....

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    GA ticket availability for any game this year is a mystery. Ticket-smeg said it was sold out two weeks ago. I suggest you ring them. Whilst they suck, if you miraculously manage to find a pathway to a real person, you'll be pleasantly surprised at their service. Call 132849 (no @@@@, this number is impossible to find on their site, you have to google). Don't key in anything when prompted, just wait a bit until the recorded message 'warns you' that by not keying anything in you 'may speak to an actual person' which 'may lead to significant delays'. After recorded person asks you whether 'you're absolutely sure about speaking to a real person', and you agree, you're in, and in pretty quickly.

Make sure you grill them on whether there are pending GA allotments and such. Let us know ho you go.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    GA ticket availability for any game this year is a mystery. Ticket-smeg said it was sold out two weeks ago. I suggest you ring them. Whilst they suck, if you miraculously manage to find a pathway to a real person, you'll be pleasantly surprised at their service. Call 132849 (no @@@@, this number is impossible to find on their site, you have to google). Don't key in anything when prompted, just wait a bit until the recorded message 'warns you' that by not keying anything in you 'may speak to an actual person' which 'may lead to significant delays'. After recorded person asks you whether 'you're absolutely sure about speaking to a real person', and you agree, you're in, and in pretty quickly.

Make sure you grill them on whether there are pending GA allotments and such. Let us know ho you go.
    Thanks Danzar - I'll definitely do that. It's not the first time this year that I've tried to buy tickets weeks in advance and they say that not even one is available. I don't see how that can be the case. Thanks for providing the number that they try to hide from us; I'll see what's going on and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Thanks Danzar - I'll definitely do that. It's not the first time this year that I've tried to buy tickets weeks in advance and they say that not even one is available. I don't see how that can be the case. Thanks for providing the number that they try to hide from us; I'll see what's going on and let you know.
    Reduced capacity due to construction. Large member numbers this year and many of them are granted GA access. Also they are allocating more seats to the premium categories to increase total gate takings.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Ticketek not answering their phone anyway - constantly engaged. I think I'll just pick another match later on, probably Richmond, and get the tickets on day one.

I hate Ticketek - they are a nightmare to buy tickets from. I've had all of the above problems in the past. In my most recent experience buying tickets for a match in Melbourne I knew online purchase would be hopeless as you can't select your seats so went in person to an agency. They claimed all sold out. So went to another agency which had no difficulty in selling me two tickets. Work that out! On the other hand I was delighted to find that Ticketmaster has now upgraded its online software so you can select your own tickets. Which is what I have done for the Swans v Port match this weekend. And this week I got a 'reminder' email from Ticketmaster re the upcoming event. Proper customer service. Hope Ticketmaster puts some competitive pressure on Ticketek but it is a duopoly so probably not.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodbrother View Post
    apart from the grand final , this is the game this season I just want us to belt them , not because of the blues particularly but because of maltmouth and him gobbing off how last season we weren't a top 4 team..hope the boys have locked that in the memory for this clash....
    I hope so too. I'm sick of clubs like Carlton being talked up for literally no actual reason other than wishful thinking. Add arrogance on top of that and yeah, I agree I'd love to see a decimation.

I can buy two redzone guest passes but gotta be quick, they normally sell out

Warming the Bench
    Managed to get two tickets today but there not together.