Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exie Richards upgrade!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    He's clearly jumped Lockyer in the que, interesting, is the latter another LJ?

Little Richards brings the X factor .

Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    Surely not a 1sts game...he looks as though he would snap with the skinniness of those arms and legs.
    I think he is built very nicely and has a wonderful physique. He is extremely well balanced and can take a strong mark. He is deceptively strong. No he isn't your built like brick dunny full back but neither was Stephen Silvagni and he is the full back of the century. He is built better than Silvagni but he does remind me of Silvagni, very tight, reads the ball well, times his run well, very strong mark, decisive punch, kicks the ball extremely well. He is going to be a really top player for us for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    He's clearly jumped Lockyer in the que, interesting, is the latter another LJ?
    different sort of player. X is taller and more a key defender and Lockyer is more a flanker who might take the third tall, an AJ type but not as good as AJ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    True, although sometimes that reason is a perceived weakness, rather than immediate promotion to the 1sts. Thinking Earl Shaw
    Marty retired we have a vacancy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Xav strikes me as another of those cases where the Swans saw something the other clubs missed, which is something else he has in common with his illustrious older brother.
    If we are to believe the ressie watchers (and who in their right mind would doubt them?), Xav has taken the first steps towards an outstanding career with the club. I hope he gets a run, even if only to satisfy curiosity. He may not be up with a Tom Mitchell but he sounds as if he won't disappoint.
    Give him a third tall and he will do well. In the Twos he is taking the best tall forward every week and hasn't been beaten this year. He is hardly ever even beaten in the contest. Occasionally against sides like Brisbane & Gold Coast Tommy Walsh has helped out by standing the resting ruck. X has played on a quite a few top forwards in the games against other AFL Reserves teams and done exceedingly well. Even though we lost last time out against Gold Coast they only managed to kick 10 goals. We were depleted in the Twos that day due to injury and did well to even get as close as we did and to keep them to 10 is pretty good.

Somehow I feel that Lockyer will come good. He was doing so well in his first pre-season before he got injured. He also received a lot of accolades from those who seem to know about these things. He could develop into a key position player, as he seems to have a frame that will fill out well in time. He's also very quick with good closing speed. From some of the ressies' videostreams I've seen, he doesn't seem to have a good awareness of the play or the flight of the ball, which surprises me. I am still feeling that our development coaches will help him overcome his deficiencies.

Having said that, he could be a dud as has been suggested.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 21st June 2013 at 01:17 PM.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Er

- - - Updated - - -

I agree MrWold, In the fullness of time I'm sure X will fill out, surely he will get into the weights a lot earlier than his brother did.

But at the moment I can't help thinking that describing X's physique as "wonderful" is a little like describing Kate Moss as "curvaceous." Perhaps it's just me, but I have this image in my head of an AFL level KPP using our Xman as a cravat.

Leaving that image aside, I think perhaps your response to dimelb and myself could possible as currently expresses be seen as mutually contradictory?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Somehow I feel that Lockyer will come good.
    He stood up to that GWS thug Santa, which says a lot.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12