Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exie Richards upgrade!

Exie Richards upgrade!

According to James Dampney, Exie has been upgraded to seniors.

This year just gets better and better.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Interesting move. You would think that a call-up is imminent - they don't generally upgrade a rookie unless they're just about to be named.

Is someone else injured? The word is that Reid and Jetta are still not quite right to go, so unless someone else is injured, you would think it'd be a straight swap Tippo for Mummy.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Veterans List
    Wow, that is a bolt out of the blue. You 2's watchers have been pumping up his tyres, but the coaches must be suitably impressed. Maybe he gets a gig this week.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    From twitter @AFL_JD

More news out of the @sydneyswans with Xavier Richards to be upgraded to senior list, although still some way from a debut. @tedrichards25

Surely not a 1sts game...he looks as though he would snap with the skinniness of those arms and legs.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

History suggests we don't upgrade without a reason. I hope there's not bad news somwhere else but then again it could be just for Mattner.
    I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge.maverick View Post
    History suggests we don't upgrade without a reason.
    True, although sometimes that reason is a perceived weakness, rather than immediate promotion to the 1sts. Thinking Earl Shaw

Senior Player
    Didn't we upgrade Cunningham just before the finals last year for no apparent reason?

Its not about him playing this year, its acknowledgement of his worth and that the Swans want him on their books. He would be on the market just like that for other teams if the Swans didn't make the move - happy backman, happy team! (happy me just quietly).

You should see him move. He is so like Ted, just darker hair and much much younger. Who wouldn't work out a succession plan like that!! Smart move Swans.

And another point that could be made is this. Just because you come with big wraps, doesn't mean that you have already made it. If you work your arse off like this kid does, that's when the opportunities come.

Not saying......just pointing out how I would be thinking ....
    Last edited by Primmy; 20th June 2013 at 06:47 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Xav strikes me as another of those cases where the Swans saw something the other clubs missed, which is something else he has in common with his illustrious older brother.
    If we are to believe the ressie watchers (and who in their right mind would doubt them?), Xav has taken the first steps towards an outstanding career with the club. I hope he gets a run, even if only to satisfy curiosity. He may not be up with a Tom Mitchell but he sounds as if he won't disappoint.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Listed as the emergency for this weekend - mystery solved as to why he was elevated
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

With Everitt injured, it makes sense to elevate him as cover in case another tallish backman goes down.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast