Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Swans vs Port gameday thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Saying they are never a reason for a loss is akin to saying that the Swans can run out with half the team replaced by drunk RWO posters but that can't be used as an excuse not to win.
    Well that's the first thing that has made me smile in regards to that game since Saturday!

This is a quote from the new player rankings article on the AFL website:

Rampe was rated in Sydney?s top-three players for the second time on the trot. He gathered 16 disposals at 88 per cent efficiency, had the second-most metres gained for the Swans and was also credited with eight intercepts.

Rampe just gets better every game. Even if Rhyce comes good, I don't think he's moving Rampe out of the seniors. More likely to play a defensive midfield/forward role.

I have noticed that Rampe is slowly becoming a more attacking player as he gains confidence. His kicking is a real weapon.

Well, I'm still cranky and I will never understand how a team that played so well 2 weeks ago couldn't play well again. Lets face it, last Sat was a shocking game of footy. The big Adelaide win was only 2 weeks ago, how could things change that much. I get really annoyed with pathetic excuses eg that Port 'wanted it more', WTF - sorry boys, you have a pretty good life and you're paid very well to go out and play, so don't bring some precious attitude! Most of us in the real world have to work long hours, for a lot less $$$ than you.

Quote Originally Posted by sidswan View Post
    Well, I'm still cranky and I will never understand how a team that played so well 2 weeks ago couldn't play well again. Lets face it, last Sat was a shocking game of footy. The big Adelaide win was only 2 weeks ago, how could things change that much. I get really annoyed with pathetic excuses eg that Port 'wanted it more', WTF - sorry boys, you have a pretty good life and you're paid very well to go out and play, so don't bring some precious attitude! Most of us in the real world have to work long hours, for a lot less $$$ than you.
    I don't think it was a lack of effort. More like poor preparation for the conditions. Hannebery was shutdown by Kane Cornes, who is one of the best taggers going round, and Grundy had one those days. We know Reg suffers from periods of poor decision making and disposal, but usually gets the job done.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Interesting that an article on afl.com suggested that we didn't get our physical preparation right for this game after the bye, we were either over-prepared or under-prepared! Who knows, but I agree that the effort of the players was probably not to blame and we can't blame the state of the ground or conditions because Port were playing under exactly the same conditions. It was more likely that Port had closely studied and dissected our strategy and game plan and were very successful in dismantling it. In that crucial 3rd quarter we could not break free, maybe our constant 2 way running meant that our runners were already tiring under the heavy conditions. Then we had no answers to their 4th quarter surge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This is a quote from the new player rankings article on the AFL website:

Rampe was rated in Sydney?s top-three players for the second time on the trot. He gathered 16 disposals at 88 per cent efficiency, had the second-most metres gained for the Swans and was also credited with eight intercepts.

Rampe just gets better every game. Even if Rhyce comes good, I don't think he's moving Rampe out of the seniors. More likely to play a defensive midfield/forward role.

I have noticed that Rampe is slowly becoming a more attacking player as he gains confidence. His kicking is a real weapon.
    I thought Rampe and Jack along with Tippetts debut the only bright spots for us on Saturday with Dane being the highlight. He really looks like he belongs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I thought Rampe and Jack along with Tippetts debut the only bright spots for us on Saturday with Dane being the highlight. He really looks like he belongs now.
    +1 for me. I haven't seen the votes, but oddly they were the three I had in my mind as deserving of votes. with kind of honourable losses to goodes, kennedy and mcveigh all of whom tried hard but for one reason or another couldnt really effect the outcome

Glad I was at a wedding enjoying the happy times!! Saw the replay Saturday night after finding out the score - fast forwarded it rather quickly. The ground looked atrocious - glad I decided to go to Adelaide for the Crows game rather than this one. Am really happy for Tippett - I think he is going to fit in just fine. Others however, were lazy and looked like they had hangovers from the week off and thought all they had to do is turn up!! Wrong lads - don't do that again!!! So it's done - we rarely do well after a bye - so we were consistent in that area. Time to move on. So here's to good vibes this Friday night and that the ground dries out in time (coz it's chucking it down here in the Shire at the
    Mo) we can beat Carlton. We can get our Mojo back when the time is right!

Senior Player
    Better get the mojo back now then otherwise we will not make top 4.

Neade wins Rising Star nod

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-25/neades-nod

The best attribute about Tony Armstrong is that he brings other players into the game.

Unfortunately, those players are from the other side.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Glad I was at a wedding enjoying the happy times!! Saw the replay Saturday night after finding out the score - fast forwarded it rather quickly. The ground looked atrocious - glad I decided to go to Adelaide for the Crows game rather than this one. Am really happy for Tippett - I think he is going to fit in just fine. Others however, were lazy and looked like they had hangovers from the week off and thought all they had to do is turn up!! Wrong lads - don't do that again!!! So it's done - we rarely do well after a bye - so we were consistent in that area. Time to move on. So here's to good vibes this Friday night and that the ground dries out in time (coz it's chucking it down here in the Shire at the
    Mo) we can beat Carlton. We can get our Mojo back when the time is right!
    Did you catch the bouquet?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112