Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans vs Port gameday thread

Goodes somehow gets the ball to McVeigh, McVeigh delivers into Tippets chest. Tippet gets his second from 20 out. SYD:18, PORT: 8

And another for Tippett

Plenty of blatant throws from both sides today - I reckon the Umps won't call a single one on a wet day like today. Port got a good move forward after Ted missed a mark but the goal attempt was out of bounds on the full.

- - - Updated - - -

Morton misses the snap, Pyke smothers the clearing kick. From the stoppage Pyke drops it straight to Jack who runs into an open goal. 24/8

Swans playing with the breeze this term. Tippett seems very creative around goal and around half forward. Morton seems to be enjoying playing around Tippett.

After a scrappy start the Swans got their act together and played a good first quarter. Tippet looks likely, Goodes is on fire again. Some of the younger players are stepping up, getting to the right places, but not as clean with the ball. Although Armstrong played some very smart footy. Morton is around the ball a lot but not setting the place alight. I think only Jessie was quiet but to be honest, if he stays out of Tippet's way (keeps the forward line open and doesn't make one-on-one's into two-on-two's) he has done his job I reckon.

Got to be the most scrappy game I can remember seeing in a long time...awful drainage on this ground it seems....commentators have a huge case of "Underdog" disease....

On the Rookie List
    Jesse. 1 possession. Business as usual.
    Regards,

Boro Boy

Port score a goal. Swans too slow.

- - - Updated - - -

Port score another through a free kick that wasn't there. But their pressure in the forward 50 was good.

Jessie put together an amazing bit of play which doesn't result in a goal, Port put together minutes of solid pressure resulting in two goals.

- - - Updated - - -

Straight to Tippet via bolton from the center bounce, he just misses the shot. 26/21

Falling asleep. Wake up or this could be a real danger game.

So much forward pressure by the swans but no reward - Morton has a mark disallowed and now Port have it forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Malcheski gets is twice on the way back into the Swans forward half.

- - - Updated - - -

It basically is a reverse of the first quarter but Port are working harder for their goals, not a fluid as the Swans in the first quarter. When the swans go forward there are just too many Port players in defence and the delivery is not good.

Disposal is terrible, although the conditions are difficult...still...I dont think the swans are playing as well as they should be...Hanners being well held.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast