Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 14 v Carlton

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Pretty early call to make. At least they've given us some time to make the trek across town

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Betts and Garlett are a big worry this week. Betts is one of the few players that has got hold of Smooch over the years, particularly the game in the wet at the SCG a few years back.

Whats worse is Smooch is in the first poor stretch of his career at the minute. I thought he was clearly beaten by Winderlich and Callinan before the bye and again on the weekend.

If our midfield dominates we will be OK, but if the ball keeps coming in regularly, this game has me worried...
    I would play Smooch on Garlett and Rampe on Betts. Dane can go with him and he is pretty good I the air and that is where Betts gets Smooch. Dre will get the third tall be it Robinson or someone else, they constantly switch their forward and back lines, as in Walker, Robinson, etc.

We need to make sure the roles of Mitchell and Parker are not at cross purposes, in other words not on ball at the same time if possible. Bird may have to play forward I think.

Tony A was terrible against Port, he botched almost everything he kicked. He is normally so good with his delivery but did not handle the conditions at all and seemed all at sea, pardon the pun I know it was wet.

In: Dre

Out: Tony A

Sub: Jude

A wet game in the tight confined spaces of the SCG and you want to bench Jude? There couldn't be a more perfect set of conditions for him

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I would play Smooch on Garlett and Rampe on Betts. Dane can go with him and he is pretty good I the air and that is where Betts gets Smooch. Dre will get the third tall be it Robinson or someone else, they constantly switch their forward and back lines, as in Walker, Robinson, etc.

We need to make sure the roles of Mitchell and Parker are not at cross purposes, in other words not on ball at the same time if possible. Bird may have to play forward I think.

Tony A was terrible against Port, he botched almost everything he kicked. He is normally so good with his delivery but did not handle the conditions at all and seemed all at sea, pardon the pun I know it was wet.

In: Dre

Out: Tony A

Sub: Jude
    Agree with your comments about Armstrong, as we comments made by other posters. I don't think he is up to the required standard needed.
    By the way who do you have replacing Goodes?

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Agree with your comments about Armstrong, as we comments made by other posters. I don't think he is up to the required standard needed.
    By the way who do you have replacing Goodes?
    Probably Membrey or Towers. Ugg, Jude hasn't played well in either wet game this year. It is about what is happening now not what happened in the dark ages LOL. Jude has got 11, 12 & 16 in the wet so far for 1.1. He started the season really in hot form but has tapered off at this stage Ugg. He hasn't had any influence on the outcome of any wet game this year so far.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Pretty early call to make. At least they've given us some time to make the trek across town
    Not much good for those of us who work in the city but had a decent chance of leaving work at 3.30pmish to get to the SCG. No way I can get away in time to make the trek out to Blacktown for 2pm.

I think if the weather is fairly good I will make the trek out to Blacktown. The only problem I have is getting from the station to Blacktown Sports Park. I will look it up on line.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not much good for those of us who work in the city but had a decent chance of leaving work at 3.30pmish to get to the SCG. No way I can get away in time to make the trek out to Blacktown for 2pm.
    Just take a really loooooooong lunch that somehow segues into early Friday drinks. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    A wet game in the tight confined spaces of the SCG and you want to bench Jude? There couldn't be a more perfect set of conditions for him
    Given none of our injuries are to Jude type players....I think he should be sub...It's not a total demotion, it's a new role, just ask Gia at the Doggies.

Jude's not having the impact he used to, IMO, sub could be just the right move for him at this stage.

He has the smarts to have a real impact in the late stages. And if required early, due to an injury, that would be no problem for him.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Given none of our injuries are to Jude type players....I think he should be sub...It's not a total demotion, it's a new role, just ask Gia at the Doggies.

Jude's not having the impact he used to, IMO, sub could be just the right move for him at this stage.

He has the smarts to have a real impact in the late stages. And if required early, due to an injury, that would be no problem for him.
    I agree with this.

I was thinking how a fresh Jude Bolton could have influenced the game against Port, coming on in the 4th qtr when the game was on the line. I think there is great value in bringing in an experienced player who knows what it takes to make an impact on a game. It's a big responsibility to give to a young inexperienced player like a Jed Lamb.

How often do you see a high profile soccer player subbed late into the game only to score the winning goal. The use of the substitute will evolve and the way the Dogs have used Gia is the way I think it is heading.

On the Rookie List
    Are we confident we should win despite our injury toll? Or is our injury toll not as relevant to winning this match as our attitude and gameplan? I was dreading the Collingwood - Essendon - Crows stretch, and look what happened. I am hoping that the same result ensues.

Does B. Jack get a run in the wet if Jetta doesn't pull up? Wouldn't have thought we desperately needed another full time forward to cover Goodes, given the forward line hasn't been the problem, plus we have midfield firepower. Bit of run on a heavy track?

- - - Updated - - -

Are we confident we should win despite our injury toll? Or is our injury toll not as relevant to winning this match as our attitude and gameplan? I was dreading the Collingwood - Essendon - Crows stretch, and look what happened. I am hoping that the same result ensues.

Does B. Jack get a run in the wet if Jetta doesn't pull up? Wouldn't have thought we desperately needed another full time forward to cover Goodes, given the forward line hasn't been the problem, plus we have midfield firepower. Bit of run on a heavy track?

If we lose this game how is a top 4 position looking ?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast