Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rampe (the Great Dane)

Rampe (the Great Dane)

Liking this kid more and more. Seems to have the same poise as the lad he replaced - AJ - booming left foot kick (and looks quite good off his right too), generally good positioning and makes a contest, and seems more at ease with each round. Another left field selection unearthed by our impressive recruiting team.

Veterans List
    I was at the match on Saturday and thought he looked quite composed in the hayhem that was our backline. Agree that he is continuing to look more impressive as the year progresses, no star but a good solid defender.

Looks a keeper and a long term replacement for one of the retired/retiring back flankers.

No star? He had 88% disposal efficiency on the weekend. He is a star in my eyes

He is improving week by week. He has made the step up in class now and looks to have settled well. Mattner's retirement has probably helped him relax a bit too because he know he's not a fill in anymore.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I agree, he's been a great player already, he has fit in so well.
    I still miss AJ though, bad. I think AJ brought more confidence to our backline. But luckily with the retirement of Mattner, Rampe has a spot to keep if he keeps on improving.

I have concerns about Rampe lasting the whole season. I can see him being pretty spent by finals time, being a 1st year player and all.

I wish we had the luxury of giving him a rest now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I have concerns about Rampe lasting the whole season. I can see him being pretty spent by finals time, being a 1st year player and all.

I don't think it will be a problem. He's no kid at 23 and he's been around the traps for a while and done the hard yards so I think (hope, pray) he just gets better and better as the year progresses.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Was he the one to be seen giving directives and marshalling enthusiasm against PP.
    HP

he actually finished best overall in the pre season training tests

he is alway top 3 in the running with Hannes and AJ

the kid above all brings serious enthusiasm to the team

his body language and support to his fellow players is very much a leader !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Barry he is an older 1st year player. Not a 19 year old I'm sure he will be fine. He turned 23 earlier this month.

No doubt he's a keeper. How they keep finding people to put on hte park who can just step up is amazing
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    No doubt he's a keeper. How they keep finding people to put on hte park who can just step up is amazing
    Rampe's 2013 has been a lot like AJ's 2011 for me - he's come from a long way back and has developed and improved really well to become an important component in our backline. Good to see he seems to be improving with more games under his belt and with Marty now gone, he's made the spot his own. Well done to the lad....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast