Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: North Sydney Oval Swans-Bombers match

On the Rookie List Ryan Bomford's Avatar

North Sydney Oval Swans-Bombers match

Does anyone of any details of when tix will be released? Assume it will still be held on Feb 14.

On the Rookie List BayesysLeftBoot's Avatar
    Entry would be free with membership

We have been trying to set up a redbacks function prior to this game, but have been unsuccessful because of the lack of information available. As I understand it, there are issues with a cricket game the next day at NSO and a function in the evening (I think). This has mucked up the starting time. Last I heard, it was likely to be around 2pm.

This is not part of the Wizard Cup and is NOT covered by your membership. The last few years, the price has been around $12 or $15 depending on whether you sat in the stands or on the grass.
    Dream, believe, achieve!

so is it definitely on Saturday 14th?

My younger sister has just advised me that my nephews first birthday will be held on the 14th and I am not a happy camper.
    Here's my heart and you can break it
    I need some release, release, release
    We need
    Love and peace

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar

Bad News for Members

Originally posted by BayseysLeftBoot
    Entry would be free with membership
    Unfortunately it isn't.

I rang the Swans last week and was informed that the Essendon game isn't free and that "You People" need to read the booklet properly.

I pointed out that I had read the "2004 Swans Membership" booklet and calender that came out with the membership renewal forms. I then quoted the relevent sections that said the game WAS free to 2004 members (page 17/15th February).

The Marketing Nazi then responded that it was a proofreading error and that the booklet included a disclaimer.

I double checked and no, there is no disclaimer (such a pointless little dishonesty). I rang back and this time I was told there was nothing they could do and if I wasn't happy I should write a letter.

Who too?
    By now I'm getting a little annoyed.

I consider myself a reasonable Swans fan, I buy my membership and one for my dad, we go to all the games, we love the team.

But I'm getting really sick of being treated like crap by Swans Marketing.

From the spurious "Swans Clubhouse" at the Fox and Lion to the "You People" comment. They seem to hold the fans in utter contempt.

Back to the letter . . . were they suggesting I complain to consumer affairs or to Swans Marketing?

Probably the latter, so I sent an email to the Swans ~ not unexpectedly I got no reply.

Perhaps I should've sent i to consumer affairs. It is a probable breach of promise . . . but they're my team. So I think I'll just share my experiences with you guys.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 27th January 2004 at 04:31 PM.

Should have gone to consumer affairs

Maybe then the club would listen to its fans

If u don't believe me, I will knock your bloody teeth out and not pay you a cent.

In all serious now. The way they handled your inquiries was extremely rude. I don't blame you for being peeved. As a matter of fact, the person that handled your call should be severely reprimanded by the club. Who employs these baboons?
    If u don't believe me, I will knock your bloody teeth out and not pay you a cent.

On the Rookie List
    again, my comment in another post ages ago seems to make sense here.

who hires these goons? the club! ive always maintained that the people working for the club should also "love" the club. thats how they all used to be run. these goons, ultimately, don't give a **** about us the supporters, or anything else bar collecting their wages.

now for the game at NSO, i want to see some match reports/thoughts of the day ASAP!!!! ill need some news all the way from Seattle!!!

Cheers
    John

I don't actually mind paying for the NSO game, as long as the money goes to the club, or NSW AFL or something similar. It gives me the @@@@@s, however, when a paying member gets treated rudely by the club, when it is the club in the wrong (an 'proofreading mistake' maybe, but one they haven't rectified).

Just to show that not everyone there is rude. I spoke one of the ladies today asking about the actual date and start time and she was perfectly polite and advised that they could not tell me the start time, but that the game was scheduled for Saturday 14th. Apparently the AFL runs the NSO game and have not yet advised the Swans of the details.

But I have to agree to having spoken to some rude people before. Perhaps after answering the same boring question one after another about membership packs, you could tend to think enough is enough. Having worked a long time in a customer service environment, Iwould just smile as I answered a call and speak to the person on the other end of the line like I would expect to be spoken to. Even if you think the question or the person is moronic. (not hinting that your question was Ruckman. Just a general observation from many hours answering moronic questions).

Hopefully some of this feedback will get back to the club and do some good.
    Last edited by BAM_BAM; 28th January 2004 at 01:44 PM.
    Here's my heart and you can break it
    I need some release, release, release
    We need
    Love and peace

On the Rookie List
    I rang last week to ask for details about the game. The lady I spoke with was polite and helpful and suggested I check with Ticketek early Feb as the ticketing details were still being arranged.
    I have to agree with others that the standard of service can be a bit suss at times. I wrote to Kelvin Templeton with a complaint a number of years ago and am still waiting for a response. I am also still waiting for a telephone call from the delightful (NOT) Beth regarding the stuff up at the TOTC dinner.
    Digressing slightly, I know: I applied for a job at the Swans a few years ago and was dismissed out of hand by the dragon at the employment agency, who decided that I was too old, earnt too much and lived too far away (hmm since when has 22kms been a long distance to travel?) - perhaps if they got themselves a decent recruitment consultant then the issues raised by some on this thread might be addressed - just a thought.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Originally posted by BAM_BAM
    Having worked a long time in a customer service environment, Iwould just smile as I answered a call and speak to the person on the other end of the line like I would expect to be spoken to. Even if you think the question or the person is mornoic.
    I have a similar customer service background (ironically I work in marketing now but I spent many years in bookshops) and I agree with you, even if the customer is an enormous dill they remain a customer.

You never display your disdain for a customer ESPECIALLY when you're representing a company that's made a mistake.

Nor should you try to defend or justify a mistake, with another tranparent falsehood. That is close to idiocy.

Originally posted by BAM_BAM
    Hopefully some of this feedback will get back to the club and do some good.
    I'd like to think so, but given my experience and that of other posters, It seems unlikely.
    Even if they did commit the time to monitor fan sites like this, Swans marketing seems to be afflicted with the sort arrogant tunnel vision that is incapable of recognising anything that contradicts their self absorbed world view.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast