Thread: ok a tribute to the players stepping up in the absence of our injured

ok a tribute to the players stepping up in the absence of our injured

Injured players below we have covered by a lot of Swans stepping up and sometimes playing several roles in any given week !

We have definitely altered our field position to being a higher percentage of the game sitting in your own half and defend in a small space with lots of numbers and then flood forward.......very freeo rossylyons but with our 9 starting players out this has worked because it is a game plan that less isolates our young players into 1 on 1s as much

Jetta - the outside run that Jetts brought in 2012 was negated somewhat in the early rounds. He has been out injured and a little out of form and our sling shot footy has not had the impact we probably peaked at in 2012 but we have Brandon, Lamble emerging and guys like Parker and Mitchell pushing forward off their midfield opponent not far off what Kizza has been doing for a few seasons !

Goodes - Tippett, White, Pyke and Morton sharing the Key Forward target roles in the absence of Goodes and Reid and doing very well

Mummy - White sharing this role with Pykey and even Tippett getting some game time also in the ruck

LRT - Incy playing partly a swing tall role and doing it very well right now but equally run and carry from the backline for parts of the game is working better then expected

Shaw - Mal has been incredible in stepping up with Macca as our key small back play makers. our two generals are on fire

AJ -
    Rampe just looks like a professional 100 game plus player doing all the 1% s !!!

Reid - Tippett, White and Morton sharing the Key Forward target roles in the absence of Goodes and Reid and doing very well

Mattner - Incy, Smithy and Rampe and Mal or playing their roles brilliantly from tight defenders to second man in to dropping off as the last defender when our talls are dragged up the field !

Rohan - Brandon and Lambie getting their chances as outside players and although we havent seen to much yet what we have seen is all in the right direction !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Blog Entries
    I was so glad to see Jack2 get a a good run last night.
    Showed some of his style getting the ball. Will be great to see him develop.
    I reckon he'll be better than his Bro.

Warming the Bench
    It's absolutely thrilling to see the depth of talent in this club, 5 debs so far this year. Special...................

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Stylish work Auntie, they are all desperate to play in this team, the inner culture must be extremely good.
    Horse and all who canter behind him are doing a terrific job in the engine room of this club.
    HP

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I reckon he'll be better than his Bro.
    That is a huge call, given just how good Kieran is.

His (Brandon's) rate of development since last year has been staggering. Physically, he has put on some reasonable size in a shortish period of time, and his ability to apply pressure has gone through the roof. There were certainly times during the game last night when he read the play very well, and he was composed as you could reasonably expect such an inexperienced player to be in those conditions.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Talk about the heat in the kitchen! At last Everitt and White are giving us more than glimpses of what they can do at this level; we have KT beginning to show us what he might be capable of; we have Mitchell, Lamb and also BJ showing that they will fit in beautifully, as has Rampe. How much pressure is there now on all the regular players to perform! Maybe even Sam and Jets are going to have to raise it a notch. Birdy and Benny are showing that they are not going to be edged out. An exciting couple of months ahead.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    That is a huge call, given just how good Kieran is.

His (Brandon's) rate of development since last year has been staggering. Physically, he has put on some reasonable size in a shortish period of time, and his ability to apply pressure has gone through the roof. There were certainly times during the game last night when he read the play very well, and he was composed as you could reasonably expect such an inexperienced player to be in those conditions.
    It is.

But what I saw last night was straight out of the highlight reels of his reserves games. Get ball, run. Unfortunately his delivery was great, but given it was his first full game and the conditions we'll let that slide.
    I don't recall being that exited about Kieren's first games.

i think we should acknowledge the role of Jared Crouch in the development of these younger players. I know Lambie has waited a long time, but he looked like he belonged and was just a regular seniors player. For Brandon we are still using the qualifier "for such an inexperienced player". He still showed a lot, but is clearly raw. I hope there is not too much comparison between the Jack boys. (I know there is some inevitability). Maybe Kieran's more difficult journey has taught him things that Brandon will never have to learn. Will Brandon ever get the chance to lift Judd up and dump him on his back. I have have loved Kieran's genuine delight and humility at being club champion, and now co-captain. Clearly there is some delight in playing in a team with your brother-full credit to their Mum and Dad. Clearly more grounded than a lot of sporting parents.

You forgot to mention Dre AG a d he has been very good.

I agree Dre has been very good. Sometimes doubted (showed glimpses) but could not get a decent run of games to show us. Hope he continues in this vein of form as he is very versatile.

Lamb has not secured his place in the team yet, and Everett still looks clumsy when the ball is at his feet.

However, Everett is much better this year compared to last year, and both have the luxury of plenty of game time with all our injuries