Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodes out for 6

Veterans List
    Anyone else but Goodsey and you'd probably kiss them goodbye for the season wouldn't you?

This is not a happy development. For his sake, hope all goes well.

Post Goodes to miss the next six

Adam Goodes will miss the next six matches as he is set to undergo arthroscopic surgery on his injured right knee

More...

Thank you for the news User RSS - however we do have a thread on this already.

What are you? Some kind of robot?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Thank you for the news User RSS - however we do have a thread on this already.

What are you? Some kind of robot?
    The world of automation. Soon we will all be irrelevant.

On the Rookie List
    Is Goodes a Terminator prototype? Probably just in the lab for a service and a Finals Footy software upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Anyone else but Goodsey and you'd probably kiss them goodbye for the season wouldn't you?

This is not a happy development. For his sake, hope all goes well.
    +1

I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that we are rapidly approaching the day where A Goodes will never be seen in a Swans lineup again

Lets hope the recovery goes well and the boys use the impending end of some of our legends to try and strive for a third Premiership cup for them
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I was sort of worrying about this myself. I had a feeling like so many of our veteran players that the end comes from injury after playing one time too many

maxfield, crouch, bolton, williams, mattner....

must be awful to be a coach - it reminds me of the end of friday night lights the movie where the coach just throws out last years names and replaces them with this years...that level of pragmatism must be really hard work

Until recently I was very hopeful that Goodes could play on ala Dustin Fletcher. I suggested that playing him as the sub could extend his career. But now after such an injury plagued 2 years, the quad injury and PCL from last year and the knee problem in the pre-season and now the cartilage damage, I am hoping for the best, but preparing for the end of an incredible career. I am sure this injury will shorten his career whatever the immediate outcome.

For Swans fans, the future has come upon us very quickly this year with so many of our older stars falling victim to injury. On the bright side, we have a lot of very promising young players that can take us into premiership contention this year and well beyond.

"Warning Warning aliens approaching."

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Until recently I was very hopeful that Goodes could play on ala Dustin Fletcher. I suggested that playing him as the sub could extend his career. But now after such an injury plagued 2 years, the quad injury and PCL from last year and the knee problem in the pre-season and now the cartilage damage, I am hoping for the best, but preparing for the end of an incredible career. I am sure this injury will shorten his career whatever the immediate outcome.

For Swans fans, the future has come upon us very quickly this year with so many of our older stars falling victim to injury. On the bright side, we have a lot of very promising young players that can take us into premiership contention this year and well beyond.
    Too true. While remaining confident that we will contend, I am starting to wonder if this injury toll will deny Benny McGlynn the premiership medal he so deserves. However, blooding some youngsters has definitely shown that the future is still worthy of optimism.

Goes up to 11
    It'd be a shame to see his career come to an end, as he hasn't really achieved much to date has he....

Opti-pessi-misti
    He hasn't played in a back-to-back premiership yet. Unfinished business!

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: He hasn't won a back-to-back premiership yet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast