Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodes out for 6

Goodes out for 6

Just found this. Pretty much sums up the year thus far for us

Goodes to miss the next six matches - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au
    You Just Do Not Get a Better Grand Final Win Than That

Senior Player
    Hmmm. I heard he had some surgery last week. Makes sense now.

Rest up ye faithful warrior.

He would be a handy "IN" to get back for the last few games and September (although he took a long time to get going after the last injury).

Probably a little bit glass half full, but it may work out perfectly timing wise playing the last few matches and the finals series as the sub.

Will lack match fitness and it's hard to imagine a more explosive or more versatile player to wear the vest. Coming off the bench as needed as the finals super sub could be a blessing in disguise.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

i wonder whether this might just cause us a bit of difficulty.

i dont think we can have a forward structure which is tippett, goodes, reid and resting ruck. it is too tall and the ball will come out too quick. but horse needs to play it before the finals to see whether it can work. i suspect it would be best having goodes playing midfield with occasional rests forward. but if goodes doesnt have the tank come finals time and needs to play principally as a forward it will be tricky in the extreme to work out his best structure

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    i wonder whether this might just cause us a bit of difficulty.

i dont think we can have a forward structure which is tippett, goodes, reid and resting ruck.

Seemed to work okay last year with LRT as the Tippett stand-in

i think LRT is a defensive player - his job was to tackle and block and shepherd - if he got his hands on it then that was a bonus. That is not what goodes or tippett bring.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    i think LRT is a defensive player - his job was to tackle and block and shepherd - if he got his hands on it then that was a bonus. That is not what goodes or tippett bring.
    Could Sam play an LRT role? I mean he would have to let his hair grow but...
    A lot of RWO posters have asked whether Reid would make a good back/swing man.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Could Sam play an LRT role? I mean he would have to let his hair grow but...
    A lot of RWO posters have asked whether Reid would make a good back/swing man.
    He could if the coaches think that's what we need. He can also play on the wing.

But I'll bet their first preference will be to play him along side Tippett, getting the second defender, and see how he goes.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

We have the most experienced list in the league. It seems that things are catching up with us. The older group of players are falling like flies: Mattner, Shaw, LRT and now Goodes. Just hoping that we get some back this year, but not expecting anything at this point. Hoping Goodesy will be okay to go for next year.

Glad he's getting it fixed properly - nothing worse than waiting weeks resting and then finding out he still needs surgery

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Thank God, I thought he had gone to a Collingwood supporting barber and asked for a shave.

Why would you change the team against Melbourne and bring either Reid or Mummy back too soon.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast