Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Sydney v Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    The Swans rarely dominate the lower ranked teams, it's just not in their nature !
    HP
    For many years with the Swannies I have maintained your thought above, " We often don't win by much but we often don't lose by much either!"
    Swannies for life!

I'll admit that I went to today's game expecting a pumping from the Swans.
    Always hard when you have limited vision (from the boundary rather than on screen) but what I saw was....

1. Can't remember the last time I saw so much fumbling and so many easy marks dropped from the Swans
    2. Melbourne are better than I thought (or are at least playing with renewed vigor) and are very fit. Constantly outran Swans. We lacked speed overall, but most match ups went Melbourne's way for speed.
    3. Melbourne marked pretty much everything, and made excellent position to take uncontested marks. Swans weren't man on man enough.
    4. Rampe is quickly becoming my favorite player. When he gets it, I am confident he will use it well, and if he doesn't, he generally makes up for it with a second of third effort. He'd also be one of our most confident players.
    5. From what I saw of Grundy, he was slow - bordering on looking lazy.

So as I said, I expected to win by a lot more, but I guess I can say (in the words of Gary Lyon circa 15 years ago) "we played down to their level"
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

On the Rookie List
    A while back it was "turnover Ted" giving the opposition another chance.Not any more! It "turnover Reg". If Ted can turn into an all Australian maybe there is hope for Reg.Although Rampe is a great find I think Reg is missing AJ who rescued him on many occasion.He plays his worst when he has too much time and no pressure.You can just about bet he will kick it straight to the opposition or do a limp handball to no-one..Hence he plays his worst against the weaker sides who pressure him the least.

Senior Player
    We were behind the goals city end. Swans cheers squad end. No one wanted to see the ball in Reg's hands....

Some good signs, some bad signs. But a win. If we had of kicked half of out behinds truly we win by 90 which is about right. How Tippet can have such a poor drop/kicking action after 3+ months with nothing else to do on game day is crazy!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    How Tippet can have such a poor drop/kicking action after 3+ months with nothing else to do on game day is crazy!!!!!!!!!
    Between them, Barry Round, Jayson Daniels & Andrew Dunkley had a combined 718 games to improve their kicking styles, to no avail ... & Kurt took up the game late.

Josh Kennedy on Brandon: "It's no secret that he's a bit quicker than Keiren, a bit taller and a lot smarter."
    SwansTV: Josh Kennedy post game - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Regular in the Side
    Other teams come to Swans Games more motivated! To beat the Premiers or to shine in the "Audit Check" should be enough motivation. Moreover, our game plan emphasizing basic skills and one one one has been well known and analysed by other teams for quite some time now. In a way, we are consistent but more "predictable". I have not checked the statistics but I feel that teams usually tackle more than their average when they face us. --So we need to work even harder to win by a larger margin!

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Josh Kennedy on Brandon: "It's no secret that he's a bit quicker than Keiren, a bit taller and a lot smarter."
    SwansTV: Josh Kennedy post game - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au
    '... and a lot smarter'. Poker face JPK or is BJ really a smarter footballer then Kizza?

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I get the impression that Kieren was the one hassling him at the start, and was no doubt in earshot.

KJ still had the better game - easily best on ground.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Warming the Bench
    Why is everyone crowing on about percentage. We have a draw. Now i'm aware that Fremantle are one of the sides we will be fighting for a spot in the four but it's just Fremantle. We have a better percentage than them already. We have the 2nd best percentage in the league.
    So relax.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
    '... and a lot smarter'. Poker face JPK or is BJ really a smarter footballer then Kizza?
    I believe he got in the 90's for his VCE. So maybe that is what they are referring to

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I believe he got in the 90's for his VCE. So maybe that is what they are referring to
    His VCE? I don't think so, Mexican.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast