Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney v Melbourne

Well thank @@@@ that's over

We did enough, but it was a pretty ordinary performance today.

We might have won, but couldn't have been less impressive if we tried. I'll put that one in the memory bank and forget it - really disappointing in my opinion, but we did get the 4 points, and that's the main thing that matters. Should have won by a lot more, especially with our awful kicking in front of goals.

Crappy luck for Reidy - can't get a decent run at it this year.

- - - Updated - - -

We did enough, but it was a pretty ordinary performance today.

We might have won, but couldn't have been less impressive if we tried. I'll put that one in the memory bank and forget it - really disappointing in my opinion, but we did get the 4 points, and that's the main thing that matters. Should have won by a lot more, especially with our awful kicking in front of goals.

Crappy luck for Reidy - can't get a decent run at it this year.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Absolutely disgusting effort - boys should be a bit ashamed
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Nice to see Malceski give Rodan a hug after the game ... the LARS brothers

On the Rookie List
    Good to get the four points. However playing the way we did was worse than a loss. It's only because Melbourne are so terrible and below AFL standard that we won. I am always realistic, but I really felt we needed an absolutely dominant performance.

Weird ass effort. Did Reid out early kill the game plan? Seemed to just fall apart after that.

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    Meh. It's a 5 goal win. Better than a loss by any amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Gimme a $%^ing break. I haven't enjoyed a Swans match less in a long time.
    I'm with you. We're just lucky we played the Dees this week. Nothing seemed to go right. Reminded me of the Port game, which is extremely concerning.

I usually hate to single players out, but Grundy looked sick/tired/like he couldn't be bothered. It's a tragedy that he keeps his position through lack of alternatives when the competition is so fierce for just about every other position.

Our back 6 were the bedrock that we built our premiership on last year. They're starting to look like our weakness this year.

Regular in the Side
    Settle down, we did what we had to do and with a number of outs.

Umpiring was pretty bad though.

I don't agree with any of you doom and gloom merchants. A win is a win; a loss is a loss. Should we have won by more? Maybe but we still get 4 points. As for everything else, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    Yep, agree. They need to build a goal percentage. This could get handy for top 4 aspirations. Horse should give them a whipping after this lacklustre performance.

Senior Player
    Lets not forget that we have at least 6 of our best players and running players at that out, we have played 2 heavy games in a row and Reid went down in the first five minutes. A win is a win at the end of the day.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast